Axis Offshore orders semi-submersible accommodation unit
Vessel & ROV News - September 12, 2012
Axis Offshore has ordered a semi-submersible accommodation vessel satisfying the stringent North Sea operating requirements. The unit will be delivered in the first quarter of 2015.
Axis Offshore is a newly established joint venture between Danish shipowner J Lauritzen and oil and gas private equity firm HitecVision.
The new accommodation vessel will target the demand for modern units able to operate in the harsh environment in the North Sea, especially in the Norwegian and UK sector.
Axis Offshore has selected Global Maritime’s GM500A design. It will be built by Cosco Qidong Offshore Co Ltd, which has a strong track record of building similar units.
The contract with Cosco includes options for two more units, valid for 12 months and 24 months respectively.
More articles from this category
- Tidewater reports results for lastest quarter
Company News - August 21, 2014
- Chellsea takes delivery of newbuild PSV
Vessel & ROV News - August 20, 2014
- Sea Surfer joins Deep Sea Supply fleet
Vessel & ROV News - August 19, 2014
- Siem Giant enters service offshore Brazil
Vessel & ROV News - August 18, 2014
- OSBIT secures Well Ops LARS deal
Equipment & Technology - August 15, 2014
- Strategic Marine appoints Business Development Manager
Company News - August 14, 2014
- UTEC StarNet extends partnership with Sky Futures to North America
Company News - August 13, 2014
- EMGS sticks with Boa Galatea
Contracts, Tenders and Rates - August 12, 2014
- UK "has billions of barrels of oil" - but extracting it is more and more costly
News - August 11, 2014
- Fugro teams with WFS Technologies for wireless ROV integration
Vessel & ROV News - August 8, 2014
- DOF awarded contract offshore Brazil
Contracts, Tenders and Rates - August 8, 2014
- Sinopacific secures first contract in Mexican market
Yard News - August 8, 2014
- Summer publishing schedule
News - August 8, 2014
- SMD to supply Sistac with work-class ROV
Vessel & ROV News - August 7, 2014
- SeaBird awarded Letter of Award for Osprey Explorer
Contracts, Tenders and Rates - August 7, 2014