Miclyn Express Offshore lays keel for new PSV series
Vessel & ROV News - August 21, 2012
Miclyn Express Offshore (MEO) has laid the keel of the first of a new series of 2,000t dwt PSVs at its Batam-based PT Loh & Loh shipyard.
MEO initially ordered two vessels of the same design, with the potential to build more in the series at a later date.
MEO has chosen to build the vessels to fill the gap in the aging and under-invested sub-category of the PSV market.
Focal Marine was selected as designers for this project and has worked closely with MEO to develop a vessel which is highly versatile to match a diverse market.
The vessels will use a full Niigata package for propulsion including azimuth drives for main propulsion, which combined with two 10 tonne tunnel thrusters, will provide a solid DP footprint for the vessels when operating in ROV support functions.
To fully benefit from the opportunities provided by a strong DP configuration, the vessel is also SPS 2008 compliant with a total accommodation for 60 persons and 500m2 of clear deck area space.
Good capacity for dry bulk and bulk liquids (muds, brine, drill water, fuel) with a dedicated integral tank of 80m3 for methanol is also available.
More articles from this category
- Tidewater reports results for lastest quarter
Company News - August 21, 2014
- Chellsea takes delivery of newbuild PSV
Vessel & ROV News - August 20, 2014
- Sea Surfer joins Deep Sea Supply fleet
Vessel & ROV News - August 19, 2014
- Siem Giant enters service offshore Brazil
Vessel & ROV News - August 18, 2014
- OSBIT secures Well Ops LARS deal
Equipment & Technology - August 15, 2014
- Strategic Marine appoints Business Development Manager
Company News - August 14, 2014
- UTEC StarNet extends partnership with Sky Futures to North America
Company News - August 13, 2014
- EMGS sticks with Boa Galatea
Contracts, Tenders and Rates - August 12, 2014
- UK "has billions of barrels of oil" - but extracting it is more and more costly
News - August 11, 2014
- Fugro teams with WFS Technologies for wireless ROV integration
Vessel & ROV News - August 8, 2014
- DOF awarded contract offshore Brazil
Contracts, Tenders and Rates - August 8, 2014
- Sinopacific secures first contract in Mexican market
Yard News - August 8, 2014
- Summer publishing schedule
News - August 8, 2014
- SMD to supply Sistac with work-class ROV
Vessel & ROV News - August 7, 2014
- SeaBird awarded Letter of Award for Osprey Explorer
Contracts, Tenders and Rates - August 7, 2014