US spill control equipment company acquires Scandinavian technology
Company News - August 20, 2012
Elastec/American Marine, headquartered in Carmi, Illinois has announced the acquisition of the BoomVane technology, expanding its range in the manufacture of innovative pollution control equipment.
Developed and patented by ORC of Sweden, the BoomVane is an aquatic paravane system that enables oil recovery and debris containment booms to be towed by a single vessel, as well as to deploy booms in rivers and tidal waters without boats or anchors.
Elastec/American Marine is the largest manufacturer of oil spill recovery equipment in North America with global distribution in 145 countries.
During the 2010 Deepwater Horizon spill in the Gulf of Mexico, CEO Donnie Wilson managed the controlled burning of oil for BP America with a team of employees and response contractors.
The company's fire boom systems were responsible for containing and disposing of more oil than any other systems during the burn operation.
Elastec/American Marine also won the Wendy Schmidt Oil Cleanup X CHALLENGE with its patented Grooved Disc oil skimming technology.
Transferring manufacturing and marketing to Elastec/American Marine, ORC will continue with the development of new oil spill recovery techniques. The current focus is a paravane-based system for a single vessel with wide swath dispersant application.
An offshore prototype was successfully deployed during the Oil-On-Water exercise conducted by the Norwegian Clean Seas Association for Operation Companies (NOFO) in Norway in June of this year.
Over 400 BoomVanes have been supplied around the world, helping responders to quickly and efficiently contain and/or deflect oil to protect shorelines and sensitive aquatic habitats.
More articles from this category
- Divex secures contract for saturation diving system
Equipment & Technology - August 22, 2014
- Tidewater reports results for lastest quarter
Company News - August 21, 2014
- Chellsea takes delivery of newbuild PSV
Vessel & ROV News - August 20, 2014
- Sea Surfer joins Deep Sea Supply fleet
Vessel & ROV News - August 19, 2014
- Siem Giant enters service offshore Brazil
Vessel & ROV News - August 18, 2014
- OSBIT secures Well Ops LARS deal
Equipment & Technology - August 15, 2014
- Strategic Marine appoints Business Development Manager
Company News - August 14, 2014
- UTEC StarNet extends partnership with Sky Futures to North America
Company News - August 13, 2014
- EMGS sticks with Boa Galatea
Contracts, Tenders and Rates - August 12, 2014
- UK "has billions of barrels of oil" - but extracting it is more and more costly
News - August 11, 2014
- Fugro teams with WFS Technologies for wireless ROV integration
Vessel & ROV News - August 8, 2014
- DOF awarded contract offshore Brazil
Contracts, Tenders and Rates - August 8, 2014
- Sinopacific secures first contract in Mexican market
Yard News - August 8, 2014
- Summer publishing schedule
News - August 8, 2014
- SMD to supply Sistac with work-class ROV
Vessel & ROV News - August 7, 2014