Nordic Yards wins contract to build jack-up vessel for offshore wind sector
Yard News - August 16, 2012
Nordic Yards is to build this service jack-up for DBB Jack-Up Services.
Nordic Yards in Germany has secured a contract for the construction of a wind turbine service jack up vessel.
The client is the Danish company DBB Jack-Up Services, based in Aarhus.
The vessel commissioned from Nordic Yards will be used for servicing offshore wind turbines and is able to work under the most challenging conditions. It is 80m long with a breadth of 32m and has a novel jack-up system.
The vessel is suitable for maintenance works in water depths of up to 45m.
DBB Jack-Up Services developed the concept of the vessel based on its experience with the self-elevating jack up Wind. A well-known design firm from Denmark is involved in the creation of the basic design.
"Nordic Yards has already proven to be a strong, competent partner in the offshore field," explained Thorsten Henrik Jalk, CEO of DBB Jack-Up Services.
"As a leading provider of services and equipment in the offshore wind industry, we need vessels which can also work under the toughest weather conditions on the high seas.
"With Nordic Yards we are sure to have a reliable and experienced partner on board. During our numerous preliminary meetings the shipyard group totally convinced us of its expertise and know-how."
Vitaly Yusufov, owner and Managing Director of Nordic Yards, adds: "It is a great success which the teams from DBB and Nordic have prepared in recent months. We are of course proud of the contract, as it demonstrates our consistent focus on the offshore market."
More articles from this category
- Tidewater reports results for lastest quarter
Company News - August 21, 2014
- Chellsea takes delivery of newbuild PSV
Vessel & ROV News - August 20, 2014
- Sea Surfer joins Deep Sea Supply fleet
Vessel & ROV News - August 19, 2014
- Siem Giant enters service offshore Brazil
Vessel & ROV News - August 18, 2014
- OSBIT secures Well Ops LARS deal
Equipment & Technology - August 15, 2014
- Strategic Marine appoints Business Development Manager
Company News - August 14, 2014
- UTEC StarNet extends partnership with Sky Futures to North America
Company News - August 13, 2014
- EMGS sticks with Boa Galatea
Contracts, Tenders and Rates - August 12, 2014
- UK "has billions of barrels of oil" - but extracting it is more and more costly
News - August 11, 2014
- Fugro teams with WFS Technologies for wireless ROV integration
Vessel & ROV News - August 8, 2014
- DOF awarded contract offshore Brazil
Contracts, Tenders and Rates - August 8, 2014
- Sinopacific secures first contract in Mexican market
Yard News - August 8, 2014
- Summer publishing schedule
News - August 8, 2014
- SMD to supply Sistac with work-class ROV
Vessel & ROV News - August 7, 2014
- SeaBird awarded Letter of Award for Osprey Explorer
Contracts, Tenders and Rates - August 7, 2014