Boskalis reports good progress with new cable lay vessel
Vessel & ROV News - August 15, 2012
Boskalis Offshore says good progress is being made on the construction of its first 'N Class' cable-laying vessel, which is building at ZPMC, Shanghai.
This vessel will undertake cable-laying activities in Europe on joining the Boskalis fleet early next year.
The N Class will be diesel-electric vessels and can be outfitted for cable-laying or a wide range of other tasks, including diving support, rock-dumping, offshore construction and salvage assignments.
The new 7,500 dw vessels have a length of 99m, breadth of 30m and a design
draught of 4.7m. The latter feature reflects the importance of the vessel's shallow water capability – particularly for inshore cable-laying for offshore windfarms.
The first of the new vessels is now taking shape, and a total of 24 modules are under construction. Testing of main engines, electrical systems and other equipment is under way.
Steel-cutting for the second vessel recently commenced.
The DP2 vessels will have accommodation for up to 104 personnel, a helicopter
deck, a large, heave-compensated crane and moonpools.
More articles from this category
- Divex secures contract for saturation diving system
Equipment & Technology - August 22, 2014
- Tidewater reports results for lastest quarter
Company News - August 21, 2014
- Chellsea takes delivery of newbuild PSV
Vessel & ROV News - August 20, 2014
- Sea Surfer joins Deep Sea Supply fleet
Vessel & ROV News - August 19, 2014
- Siem Giant enters service offshore Brazil
Vessel & ROV News - August 18, 2014
- OSBIT secures Well Ops LARS deal
Equipment & Technology - August 15, 2014
- Strategic Marine appoints Business Development Manager
Company News - August 14, 2014
- UTEC StarNet extends partnership with Sky Futures to North America
Company News - August 13, 2014
- EMGS sticks with Boa Galatea
Contracts, Tenders and Rates - August 12, 2014
- UK "has billions of barrels of oil" - but extracting it is more and more costly
News - August 11, 2014
- Fugro teams with WFS Technologies for wireless ROV integration
Vessel & ROV News - August 8, 2014
- DOF awarded contract offshore Brazil
Contracts, Tenders and Rates - August 8, 2014
- Sinopacific secures first contract in Mexican market
Yard News - August 8, 2014
- Summer publishing schedule
News - August 8, 2014
- SMD to supply Sistac with work-class ROV
Vessel & ROV News - August 7, 2014