KD Marine completes subsea contract in North Sea
Contracts, Tenders and Rates - August 14, 2012
KD Marine has completed a subsea engineering contract for work on the Sevan Hummingbird Floating Production Storage and Offloading (FPSO) vessel in the North Sea.
The commercial diving company for the offshore oil and gas industry was awarded the seven-figure contract by energy services provider Wood Group PSN to supply subsea engineering services to carry out repairs to the vessel's fairleads.
The FPSO, operated by Wood Group PSN on behalf of the vessel owner Teekay Petrojarl, and field operator Centrica, is positioned in the Chestnut field, central North Sea, at the time of the work.
Installing its specialised surface diving system to the FPSO, KD Marine completed the project in 18 days with 28 separate dives.
It was the first time Wood Group PSN has ever used an installation-based surface diving system to carry out subsea repair work on the FPSO.
More articles from this category
- Divex secures contract for saturation diving system
Equipment & Technology - August 22, 2014
- Tidewater reports results for lastest quarter
Company News - August 21, 2014
- Chellsea takes delivery of newbuild PSV
Vessel & ROV News - August 20, 2014
- Sea Surfer joins Deep Sea Supply fleet
Vessel & ROV News - August 19, 2014
- Siem Giant enters service offshore Brazil
Vessel & ROV News - August 18, 2014
- OSBIT secures Well Ops LARS deal
Equipment & Technology - August 15, 2014
- Strategic Marine appoints Business Development Manager
Company News - August 14, 2014
- UTEC StarNet extends partnership with Sky Futures to North America
Company News - August 13, 2014
- EMGS sticks with Boa Galatea
Contracts, Tenders and Rates - August 12, 2014
- UK "has billions of barrels of oil" - but extracting it is more and more costly
News - August 11, 2014
- Fugro teams with WFS Technologies for wireless ROV integration
Vessel & ROV News - August 8, 2014
- DOF awarded contract offshore Brazil
Contracts, Tenders and Rates - August 8, 2014
- Sinopacific secures first contract in Mexican market
Yard News - August 8, 2014
- Summer publishing schedule
News - August 8, 2014
- SMD to supply Sistac with work-class ROV
Vessel & ROV News - August 7, 2014