Seismic triplets for Mainport
Vessel & ROV News - August 1, 2012
East Malaysiaís Shin Yang Shipyard has begun construction of three new support vessels for Mainport.
Located in Miri, Sarawak the Shin Yang Shipyard has developed an impressive record in the fabrication of sophisticated off shore vessels such as the anchor-handling tug Danem 19.
Two of the new support vessels, Mainport Cedar and Mainport Pine, will be 54.6m by 13.8m seismic support vessels. The third, Mainport Kells, will be somewhat smaller at 37m by 8.7m, and will also carry the designation supply, seismic support vessel.
Based in Cork, Ireland, The Mainport Group is an integrated marine services company providing a wide range of maritime services.
The three new vessels will be added to the firmís current fleet of four seismic vessels. The two larger vessels will be powered by twin Cummins Tier 2 QSK60 engines each generating 2,200hp and turning controllable pitch propellers.
The smaller vessel will be powered by a single Cummins 50 liter Tier 2 engine generating 1,600hp at 1,800 rpm and turning a fixed pitch propeller through a 4.5:1 reduction gear.
The first of the new vessels will launch in April 2013 with the others to follow in two month intervals.
More articles from this category
- Divex secures contract for saturation diving system
Equipment & Technology - August 22, 2014
- Tidewater reports results for lastest quarter
Company News - August 21, 2014
- Chellsea takes delivery of newbuild PSV
Vessel & ROV News - August 20, 2014
- Sea Surfer joins Deep Sea Supply fleet
Vessel & ROV News - August 19, 2014
- Siem Giant enters service offshore Brazil
Vessel & ROV News - August 18, 2014
- OSBIT secures Well Ops LARS deal
Equipment & Technology - August 15, 2014
- Strategic Marine appoints Business Development Manager
Company News - August 14, 2014
- UTEC StarNet extends partnership with Sky Futures to North America
Company News - August 13, 2014
- EMGS sticks with Boa Galatea
Contracts, Tenders and Rates - August 12, 2014
- UK "has billions of barrels of oil" - but extracting it is more and more costly
News - August 11, 2014
- Fugro teams with WFS Technologies for wireless ROV integration
Vessel & ROV News - August 8, 2014
- DOF awarded contract offshore Brazil
Contracts, Tenders and Rates - August 8, 2014
- Sinopacific secures first contract in Mexican market
Yard News - August 8, 2014
- Summer publishing schedule
News - August 8, 2014
- SMD to supply Sistac with work-class ROV
Vessel & ROV News - August 7, 2014