OSRL holds inaugural Aberdeen Members' Forum
Organisations and Associations - July 25, 2012
Oil Spill Response Ltd (OSRL) recently hosted a technical forum, reaching out to Aberdeen-based members and UK regulators to discuss issues of mutual interest.
Some 30 representatives of our Aberdeen-based membership attended the event together with representatives of DECC and other interested parties.
Following the fallout from technical and regulatory changes in the post-Macondo world, now further compounded by recent incidents in the North Sea, holding the forum was therefore very timely and provided a unique opportunity to bring together operators, regulators and OSRL as responders to discuss technical response matters in a relaxed, informal setting.
The topics chosen were influenced by questions regularly posed to OSRL's Duty Managers and the Regional Representative by our Members and included:
- Context setting – so what has changed in the post Macondo world?
- OSCAR modelling capability
- Remote sensing service enhancements
- Dispersant update (policy and application practicalities)
- OSPRAG capping service – status and logistical considerations
- ICS introduction and overview
In addition to updating OSRL's membership on latest technical developments which affect them, the forum had a twin objective to engage with our members in a format aligned with OSRL's APR aims.
In this regard it was a good opportunity to elicit firsthand feedback on OSRL's services and give both parties mutual assurance that response integration will be effective.
For more information on technical events by OSRL, contact Andy Nicoll at firstname.lastname@example.org.
More articles from this category
- Tidewater reports results for lastest quarter
Company News - August 21, 2014
- Chellsea takes delivery of newbuild PSV
Vessel & ROV News - August 20, 2014
- Sea Surfer joins Deep Sea Supply fleet
Vessel & ROV News - August 19, 2014
- Siem Giant enters service offshore Brazil
Vessel & ROV News - August 18, 2014
- OSBIT secures Well Ops LARS deal
Equipment & Technology - August 15, 2014
- Strategic Marine appoints Business Development Manager
Company News - August 14, 2014
- UTEC StarNet extends partnership with Sky Futures to North America
Company News - August 13, 2014
- EMGS sticks with Boa Galatea
Contracts, Tenders and Rates - August 12, 2014
- UK "has billions of barrels of oil" - but extracting it is more and more costly
News - August 11, 2014
- Fugro teams with WFS Technologies for wireless ROV integration
Vessel & ROV News - August 8, 2014
- DOF awarded contract offshore Brazil
Contracts, Tenders and Rates - August 8, 2014
- Sinopacific secures first contract in Mexican market
Yard News - August 8, 2014
- Summer publishing schedule
News - August 8, 2014
- SMD to supply Sistac with work-class ROV
Vessel & ROV News - August 7, 2014
- SeaBird awarded Letter of Award for Osprey Explorer
Contracts, Tenders and Rates - August 7, 2014