Seajacks orders fourth self-propelled jack-up
Vessel & ROV News - July 19, 2012
Seajacks has placed an order with Lamprell for the construction of a new self-propelled jack-up vessel, specifically designed for installation and maintenance services in the offshore wind and oil and gas sectors.
Named Seajacks Hydra, the new Seajacks vessel will be a modified Gusto MSC NG2500X self-elevating and self-propelled jack-up.
The vessel will be equipped with dynamic positioning, high speed jacking system and a 400t crane. The vessel will be constructed at Lamprell’s Hamriyah facility in the United Arab Emirates and will be delivered in 2014.
Blair Ainslie, CEO of the Seajacks Group, said, “We are delighted to place this order with Lamprell for the construction of the Hydra. She will be Seajacks’ fourth vessel and a similar design to Kraken and Leviathan. Hydra will be an excellent addition to the state-of the-art fleet that we are building here at Seajacks.”
Seajacks Kraken is currently undertaking a two year well intervention and maintenance campaign for Shell UK and NAM in the Southern North Sea, while Seajacks Leviathan continues to perform effectively in the offshore wind sector, having recently completed turbine installation at Sheringham Shoal Wind Farm. Seajacks’ newly constructed third vessel, Zaratan, has now arrived in Europe following it’s voyage from Lamprell in Dubai.
Lamprell has built three vessels for Seajacks previously; Kraken, Leviathan and Zaratan, all of which have been operating on oil and gas and windfarm projects in Canada, UK, Holland, and in the near future, Germany.
In March 2012, Marubeni Corporation and the Innovation Network of Japan (INCJ), announced the acquisition of Seajacks from Riverstone Holdings.
More articles from this category
- Divex secures contract for saturation diving system
Equipment & Technology - August 22, 2014
- Tidewater reports results for lastest quarter
Company News - August 21, 2014
- Chellsea takes delivery of newbuild PSV
Vessel & ROV News - August 20, 2014
- Sea Surfer joins Deep Sea Supply fleet
Vessel & ROV News - August 19, 2014
- Siem Giant enters service offshore Brazil
Vessel & ROV News - August 18, 2014
- OSBIT secures Well Ops LARS deal
Equipment & Technology - August 15, 2014
- Strategic Marine appoints Business Development Manager
Company News - August 14, 2014
- UTEC StarNet extends partnership with Sky Futures to North America
Company News - August 13, 2014
- EMGS sticks with Boa Galatea
Contracts, Tenders and Rates - August 12, 2014
- UK "has billions of barrels of oil" - but extracting it is more and more costly
News - August 11, 2014
- Fugro teams with WFS Technologies for wireless ROV integration
Vessel & ROV News - August 8, 2014
- DOF awarded contract offshore Brazil
Contracts, Tenders and Rates - August 8, 2014
- Sinopacific secures first contract in Mexican market
Yard News - August 8, 2014
- Summer publishing schedule
News - August 8, 2014
- SMD to supply Sistac with work-class ROV
Vessel & ROV News - August 7, 2014