Positioneering makes key appointments ahead of launch
Company News - July 13, 2012
Positioneering, which describes itself as the first dedicated provider of global GNSS-based precise-positioning services to enter the offshore market in over a decade, has announced the appointment of David Stephen to the position of General Manager of its Europe-Africa business.
Mr Stephen joins the company from Specialist Subsea Services where he served as General Manager of the Caledonian-Geotech business division, prior to which, he worked for Subsea7 Veripos in various engineering, operations and business development roles.
Positioneering is a new global full-service precise positioning service company that is now approaching completion of a three-year multi-million pound development programme including development of a range of GNSS augmentation services, hardware and software solutions that will provide unsurpassed performance and availability, underpinned with innovative, instant access to services and real-time support. Launch of the company’s products will take place in the coming months.
“We are very excited about this appointment and David’s dynamism, wide experience and no-compromise approach will be instrumental in reinforcing our business and capability to continue to achieve our very challenging goals and market-changing ambitions,” said CEO, Tony Leary.
"David will take on the overall management of the company’s business, including business development and customer operations throughout the Europe, Africa region, a key area of business for the company."
The company has also announced the appointment of Dr Smita Tiwari to the position of GNSS Research Engineer. Dr Tiwari is a prominent figure in the academic world having completed a number of research fellowships at Universities in India, Canada and the UK and is widely published in book form as well as journal articles and international papers.
Having worked for the Indian Space Research Organisation studying their GNSS and augmentation systems and with DLR the German Space Administration working on the EU Galileo project, Dr Tiwari's specialist area of activity has to date been the study of the ionosphere and its effects on GNSS positioning, an extremely important area of R&D for the company.
More articles from this category
- Tidewater reports results for lastest quarter
Company News - August 21, 2014
- Chellsea takes delivery of newbuild PSV
Vessel & ROV News - August 20, 2014
- Sea Surfer joins Deep Sea Supply fleet
Vessel & ROV News - August 19, 2014
- Siem Giant enters service offshore Brazil
Vessel & ROV News - August 18, 2014
- OSBIT secures Well Ops LARS deal
Equipment & Technology - August 15, 2014
- Strategic Marine appoints Business Development Manager
Company News - August 14, 2014
- UTEC StarNet extends partnership with Sky Futures to North America
Company News - August 13, 2014
- EMGS sticks with Boa Galatea
Contracts, Tenders and Rates - August 12, 2014
- UK "has billions of barrels of oil" - but extracting it is more and more costly
News - August 11, 2014
- Fugro teams with WFS Technologies for wireless ROV integration
Vessel & ROV News - August 8, 2014
- DOF awarded contract offshore Brazil
Contracts, Tenders and Rates - August 8, 2014
- Sinopacific secures first contract in Mexican market
Yard News - August 8, 2014
- Summer publishing schedule
News - August 8, 2014
- SMD to supply Sistac with work-class ROV
Vessel & ROV News - August 7, 2014
- SeaBird awarded Letter of Award for Osprey Explorer
Contracts, Tenders and Rates - August 7, 2014