UTEC opens regional HQ in Aberdeen
Company News - July 12, 2012
Offshore survey company UTEC has reinforced its presence in Scotland with the opening of new regional headquarters in Aberdeen.
The purpose-fitted building comprises over 3,000ft2 of modular office accommodation and 4,000ft2 of workshop/warehouse space, enabling further development of the range of services available to clients at home and overseas.
UTEC’s Aberdeen base provides services in the North Sea and West Africa and supports operations in the Mediterranean and North Africa in conjunction with the company’s Naples office.
UTEC expects revenues from Europe and African operations to more than double during 2012, which in turn has led to a 60 per cent increase in staff.
“This facility supports UTEC’s vision for the region which includes additional growth of our core capabilities - construction support, AUV, geophysical and geotechnical services,” said Kevin McBarron, UTEC’s Aberdeen-based Managing Director.
“The building also provides our valuable staff with a safe, comfortable working environment including a dedicated training facility providing more in-house training and specific lunch and learns events for clients.”
UTEC already has offices around the world including Houston, Rio de Janeiro, Calgary, Perth, Singapore, St John’s, Naples and Dubai.
More articles from this category
- Tidewater reports results for lastest quarter
Company News - August 21, 2014
- Chellsea takes delivery of newbuild PSV
Vessel & ROV News - August 20, 2014
- Sea Surfer joins Deep Sea Supply fleet
Vessel & ROV News - August 19, 2014
- Siem Giant enters service offshore Brazil
Vessel & ROV News - August 18, 2014
- OSBIT secures Well Ops LARS deal
Equipment & Technology - August 15, 2014
- Strategic Marine appoints Business Development Manager
Company News - August 14, 2014
- UTEC StarNet extends partnership with Sky Futures to North America
Company News - August 13, 2014
- EMGS sticks with Boa Galatea
Contracts, Tenders and Rates - August 12, 2014
- UK "has billions of barrels of oil" - but extracting it is more and more costly
News - August 11, 2014
- Fugro teams with WFS Technologies for wireless ROV integration
Vessel & ROV News - August 8, 2014
- DOF awarded contract offshore Brazil
Contracts, Tenders and Rates - August 8, 2014
- Sinopacific secures first contract in Mexican market
Yard News - August 8, 2014
- Summer publishing schedule
News - August 8, 2014
- SMD to supply Sistac with work-class ROV
Vessel & ROV News - August 7, 2014
- SeaBird awarded Letter of Award for Osprey Explorer
Contracts, Tenders and Rates - August 7, 2014