Wartsila machinery for Pacific Radiance newbuilds
Equipment & Technology - July 5, 2012
Wartsila is to supply complete and fully integrated power generation and propulsion packages for three vessels being built for Pacific Radiance Ltd, the Singapore-based company specialising in offshore service activities.
In each case, the company's main requirements were to achieve greater efficiency, better fuel consumption, and lower emission levels. The orders were received during the second quarter of 2012.
Two 86m PSVs are to be built at the Huang Pu shipyard in China, while the Zhenjiang shipyard, also in China, will build a hybrid anchor handler vessel with more than 210 tonnes of bollard pull.
The Wartsila equipment for all three ships is scheduled for delivery during 2013, and the vessels are due to be delivered to Pacific Radiance during the first half of 2014.
Wartsila's scope of supply includes four 6-cylinder Wartsila 26 in-line main engines, thrusters, and the electrical and automation systems for the two PSVs, and two 6-cylinder Wartsila 32 in-line main engines, two generating sets based on 6-cylinder Wartsila 32 in-line engines, two controllable pitch propellers, thrusters, and the electrical and automation systems for the AHTS.
The PSVs will utilise the Wartsila Low Loss Concept (LLC) power distribution system for electric propulsion applications. These will be the first vessels built in China to install the LLC system.
A notable feature of the AHTS is that it is a hybrid vessel, combining both diesel-mechanic and diesel-electric propulsion.
"The Wartsila hybrid propulsion system is designed to minimise the total installed power and to create efficient propulsion throughout the entire operating profile of the vessel," said Magnus Miemois, Vice President, Wartsila Ship Power, Offshore. "The hybrid solution results in fuel cost savings and reduced levels of exhaust emissions, both of which are key market requirements."
More articles from this category
- Tidewater reports results for lastest quarter
Company News - August 21, 2014
- Chellsea takes delivery of newbuild PSV
Vessel & ROV News - August 20, 2014
- Sea Surfer joins Deep Sea Supply fleet
Vessel & ROV News - August 19, 2014
- Siem Giant enters service offshore Brazil
Vessel & ROV News - August 18, 2014
- OSBIT secures Well Ops LARS deal
Equipment & Technology - August 15, 2014
- Strategic Marine appoints Business Development Manager
Company News - August 14, 2014
- UTEC StarNet extends partnership with Sky Futures to North America
Company News - August 13, 2014
- EMGS sticks with Boa Galatea
Contracts, Tenders and Rates - August 12, 2014
- UK "has billions of barrels of oil" - but extracting it is more and more costly
News - August 11, 2014
- Fugro teams with WFS Technologies for wireless ROV integration
Vessel & ROV News - August 8, 2014
- DOF awarded contract offshore Brazil
Contracts, Tenders and Rates - August 8, 2014
- Sinopacific secures first contract in Mexican market
Yard News - August 8, 2014
- Summer publishing schedule
News - August 8, 2014
- SMD to supply Sistac with work-class ROV
Vessel & ROV News - August 7, 2014
- SeaBird awarded Letter of Award for Osprey Explorer
Contracts, Tenders and Rates - August 7, 2014