Arctech Helsinki shipyard launches first of two Sovcomflot newbuilds
Vessel & ROV News - July 2, 2012
Newbuild number NB-506 was launched at Helsinki Shipyard on 30 June 2012. Hull assembly of a sister vessel, NB 507, will start in the beginning of July.
Arctech is building the vessels for Russian shipping corporation Sovcomflot. They will supply the Arkutun-Dagi oil and gas field in Sakhalin area.
”The building of the ships has proceeded as planned and the whole staff is employed in the projects. Our third project, the building of an icebreaking rescue vessel, has started at Yantar Shipyard in Kaliningrad. The hull will be shipped to Helsinki for outfitting and finalizing works in spring 2013," said Esko Mustamäki, the Managing Director of Arctech Helsinki Shipyard.
”The building of NB-506 proceeds with outfitting and finalizing works. It is ready for delivery in Deecember 2012. The hull assembly of sister vessel NB-507 starts next week with keel laying,” said Project Manager Jonas Packalén.
Both vessels for Sovcomflot will be be 99.9m in length with a breadth of 21.7m.
The vessels have been designed for extreme environmental conditions, including operating in thick, drifting ice in temperatures as cold as minus 35C°.
The main purpose of the vessels is to supply the gas production platform and to protect it from the ice.
The icebreaking capability of the vessels is extremely high, they are able to operate independently in 1.7m thick ice.
As multipurpose vessels, these vessels are capable of carrying various type of cargo and they are equipped for oil spill response, firefighting, and rescue operations. The rescue capacity is for 195 persons.
More articles from this category
- Divex secures contract for saturation diving system
Equipment & Technology - August 22, 2014
- Tidewater reports results for lastest quarter
Company News - August 21, 2014
- Chellsea takes delivery of newbuild PSV
Vessel & ROV News - August 20, 2014
- Sea Surfer joins Deep Sea Supply fleet
Vessel & ROV News - August 19, 2014
- Siem Giant enters service offshore Brazil
Vessel & ROV News - August 18, 2014
- OSBIT secures Well Ops LARS deal
Equipment & Technology - August 15, 2014
- Strategic Marine appoints Business Development Manager
Company News - August 14, 2014
- UTEC StarNet extends partnership with Sky Futures to North America
Company News - August 13, 2014
- EMGS sticks with Boa Galatea
Contracts, Tenders and Rates - August 12, 2014
- UK "has billions of barrels of oil" - but extracting it is more and more costly
News - August 11, 2014
- Fugro teams with WFS Technologies for wireless ROV integration
Vessel & ROV News - August 8, 2014
- DOF awarded contract offshore Brazil
Contracts, Tenders and Rates - August 8, 2014
- Sinopacific secures first contract in Mexican market
Yard News - August 8, 2014
- Summer publishing schedule
News - August 8, 2014
- SMD to supply Sistac with work-class ROV
Vessel & ROV News - August 7, 2014