GeoGlobal starts drilling offshore Israel
Projects and Operations - June 26, 2012
GeoGlobal Resources has provided an operational update on its Israeli operations and its preparations to spud its first well offshore Israel.
On June 21, 2012, the Noble Homer Ferrington Semi-submersible drill rig (NHF) arrived at the Myra-1 location and final preparations are being undertaken to commence drilling the Myra-1 well in the next few days.
"We are excited to commence the drilling of our first deep water offshore well in the already prolific Levantine Basin off the coast of Israel," said Paul B Miller, President and CEO of GeoGlobal.
"Our facilities and personnel are ready to begin drilling which is the first step in unlocking the value in these licenses."
The Myra-1 location is approximately 80km off the coast of Israel, in approximately 1,500m of water. The Myra-1 well will be drilled vertically to an approximate total depth of 5,200m Total Vertical Depth Subsea (TVDSS) which is anticipated to take approximately 70 days.
Upon completion of the Myra-1 well, the NHF will move to the Sara-1 location, which is approximately 60km off the coast of Israel, in approximately 1,400m of water. The Sara-1 well planned to be drilled vertically to approximately 4,000m TVDSS and is anticipated to take approximately 50 days to drill.
More articles from this category
- Tidewater reports results for lastest quarter
Company News - August 21, 2014
- Chellsea takes delivery of newbuild PSV
Vessel & ROV News - August 20, 2014
- Sea Surfer joins Deep Sea Supply fleet
Vessel & ROV News - August 19, 2014
- Siem Giant enters service offshore Brazil
Vessel & ROV News - August 18, 2014
- OSBIT secures Well Ops LARS deal
Equipment & Technology - August 15, 2014
- Strategic Marine appoints Business Development Manager
Company News - August 14, 2014
- UTEC StarNet extends partnership with Sky Futures to North America
Company News - August 13, 2014
- EMGS sticks with Boa Galatea
Contracts, Tenders and Rates - August 12, 2014
- UK "has billions of barrels of oil" - but extracting it is more and more costly
News - August 11, 2014
- Fugro teams with WFS Technologies for wireless ROV integration
Vessel & ROV News - August 8, 2014
- DOF awarded contract offshore Brazil
Contracts, Tenders and Rates - August 8, 2014
- Sinopacific secures first contract in Mexican market
Yard News - August 8, 2014
- Summer publishing schedule
News - August 8, 2014
- SMD to supply Sistac with work-class ROV
Vessel & ROV News - August 7, 2014
- SeaBird awarded Letter of Award for Osprey Explorer
Contracts, Tenders and Rates - August 7, 2014