Farstad orders more newbuilds
Vessel & ROV News - June 20, 2012
Farstad Shipping ASA has, through its wholly owned subsidiary Farstad Supply AS, reached an agreement with STX OSV AS to build two PSV 07 newbuilds. The contract has a value of approximately NKr 700 million.
The vessels are designed by STX OSV with a total length of 94.5m, breadth of 21.0m and maximum deadweight is 5,600 tonnes.
The vessels will be built according to DNV's strictest environmental class - 'Clean Design' - and are arranged for efficient and safe operations.
The steel hull of one of the vessels will be built in Romania and outfitting yard will be STX OSV Langsten in Tomrefjord. The other vessel will be built at the STX OSV yard in Vung Tau, Vietnam. Delivery of the vessels will take place during 2nd and 3rd quarter 2014 respectively.
The two newbuildings will service recently awarded six-year charter contracts by Statoil.
With this latest order Farstad will have eight PSVs and four anchor handling tug supply vessels (AHTS) on order with a total build cost of NKe 5.1billion.
More articles from this category
- Divex secures contract for saturation diving system
Equipment & Technology - August 22, 2014
- Tidewater reports results for lastest quarter
Company News - August 21, 2014
- Chellsea takes delivery of newbuild PSV
Vessel & ROV News - August 20, 2014
- Sea Surfer joins Deep Sea Supply fleet
Vessel & ROV News - August 19, 2014
- Siem Giant enters service offshore Brazil
Vessel & ROV News - August 18, 2014
- OSBIT secures Well Ops LARS deal
Equipment & Technology - August 15, 2014
- Strategic Marine appoints Business Development Manager
Company News - August 14, 2014
- UTEC StarNet extends partnership with Sky Futures to North America
Company News - August 13, 2014
- EMGS sticks with Boa Galatea
Contracts, Tenders and Rates - August 12, 2014
- UK "has billions of barrels of oil" - but extracting it is more and more costly
News - August 11, 2014
- Fugro teams with WFS Technologies for wireless ROV integration
Vessel & ROV News - August 8, 2014
- DOF awarded contract offshore Brazil
Contracts, Tenders and Rates - August 8, 2014
- Sinopacific secures first contract in Mexican market
Yard News - August 8, 2014
- Summer publishing schedule
News - August 8, 2014
- SMD to supply Sistac with work-class ROV
Vessel & ROV News - August 7, 2014