IMCA publishes revised marine inspection for small workboats
Publications - June 19, 2012
The International Marine Contractors Association (IMCA) Common Marine Inspection Document (CMID) is well used throughout the industry, now, with smaller vessels in mind, a revised edition of ‘Marine inspection for small workboats (Common marine inspection document for small workboats)’ (IMCA M 189 Rev 2) has been published.
As IMCA’s Technical Director, Jane Bugler explains: “The revision is largely to do with providing a new layout to reflect the CMID layout and to facilitate its subsequent electronic completion and inclusion on the CMID database. The checklist provided in the new publication aims to help members ensure that the small workboats they use are being operated in a safe manner.
“While the offshore industry operates a variety of large specialist construction, support and related vessels on a day-to-day basis, other small vessels may be used for various appropriate tasks such as inshore survey, repair of remote equipment, shallow water air dive support, construction support and personnel transfer.
"The purpose of this document is to provide a basic marine inspection standard for workboats which can be used worldwide and are under 500 gross tonnage and/or less than 50m in length therefore are not required to have either an International Safety Management, or an International Ship Security certificate, although the principles outlined within the two codes are nevertheless worth following.”
In this document ‘small workboat’ means a small vessel in commercial use, other than for sport, pleasure, pilot duties, surveying of harbours and their approaches or dredging.
The revised publication can be downloaded free of charge from the IMCA website at www.imca-int.com by members and non-member alike, with additional printed copies available to members at £10, and to non-members at £20 (plus 20% for delivery outside Europe). Copies can be ordered online or from email@example.com and from IMCA at 52 Grosvenor Gardens, London SW1W 0AU. Tel: +44 (0)20 7824 5520; Fax: +44 (0)20 7824 5521.
More articles from this category
- Tidewater reports results for lastest quarter
Company News - August 21, 2014
- Chellsea takes delivery of newbuild PSV
Vessel & ROV News - August 20, 2014
- Sea Surfer joins Deep Sea Supply fleet
Vessel & ROV News - August 19, 2014
- Siem Giant enters service offshore Brazil
Vessel & ROV News - August 18, 2014
- OSBIT secures Well Ops LARS deal
Equipment & Technology - August 15, 2014
- Strategic Marine appoints Business Development Manager
Company News - August 14, 2014
- UTEC StarNet extends partnership with Sky Futures to North America
Company News - August 13, 2014
- EMGS sticks with Boa Galatea
Contracts, Tenders and Rates - August 12, 2014
- UK "has billions of barrels of oil" - but extracting it is more and more costly
News - August 11, 2014
- Fugro teams with WFS Technologies for wireless ROV integration
Vessel & ROV News - August 8, 2014
- DOF awarded contract offshore Brazil
Contracts, Tenders and Rates - August 8, 2014
- Sinopacific secures first contract in Mexican market
Yard News - August 8, 2014
- Summer publishing schedule
News - August 8, 2014
- SMD to supply Sistac with work-class ROV
Vessel & ROV News - August 7, 2014
- SeaBird awarded Letter of Award for Osprey Explorer
Contracts, Tenders and Rates - August 7, 2014