CGGVeritas goes back to work on Ekofisk
Projects and Operations - June 14, 2012
CGGVeritas will shortly begin acquiring a fourth repeat survey (LoFS04) on the Ekofisk field in the North Sea as part of the multi-year Life-of-Field Seismic (LoFS) programme for which it was awarded both the seismic data acquisition and processing.
Mobilization was due this month; the shooting period will last approximately one month in accordance with the LoFS programme schedule.
The programme is being acquired with a four-component (4C) fiber-optic permanent reservoir monitoring (PRM) solution, deploying 16,000 Sercel OPTOWAVE ocean-bottom channels.
More than two years after the full-scale fiber-optic installation all channel sensors are providing data that is being utilized to provide 4D reservoir monitoring images to the client.
Quality Control and processing of the data from each repeat survey is performed by a team of CGGVeritas acquisition and processing specialists based in the client’s dedicated processing center in Tananger (Norway).
In addition to the full optical sensor network trenched at the seafloor, a fiber-optic connection to the shore allows real-time remote operation.
CGGVeritas imaging experts are drawing on their experience and expertise in processing multicomponent 4D data to generate high-resolution time-lapse seismic images of the reservoir.
More articles from this category
- Tidewater reports results for lastest quarter
Company News - August 21, 2014
- Chellsea takes delivery of newbuild PSV
Vessel & ROV News - August 20, 2014
- Sea Surfer joins Deep Sea Supply fleet
Vessel & ROV News - August 19, 2014
- Siem Giant enters service offshore Brazil
Vessel & ROV News - August 18, 2014
- OSBIT secures Well Ops LARS deal
Equipment & Technology - August 15, 2014
- Strategic Marine appoints Business Development Manager
Company News - August 14, 2014
- UTEC StarNet extends partnership with Sky Futures to North America
Company News - August 13, 2014
- EMGS sticks with Boa Galatea
Contracts, Tenders and Rates - August 12, 2014
- UK "has billions of barrels of oil" - but extracting it is more and more costly
News - August 11, 2014
- Fugro teams with WFS Technologies for wireless ROV integration
Vessel & ROV News - August 8, 2014
- DOF awarded contract offshore Brazil
Contracts, Tenders and Rates - August 8, 2014
- Sinopacific secures first contract in Mexican market
Yard News - August 8, 2014
- Summer publishing schedule
News - August 8, 2014
- SMD to supply Sistac with work-class ROV
Vessel & ROV News - August 7, 2014
- SeaBird awarded Letter of Award for Osprey Explorer
Contracts, Tenders and Rates - August 7, 2014