Nautronix wins order for NASeBOP for Rowan drillships
Equipment & Technology - June 13, 2012
Nautronix has secured an order from a major BOP supplier to supply their NASeBOP (Emergency BOP Acoustic Control System), which is to be installed on Rowan’s two new ultra-deepwater drillships.
Nautronix’ NASeBOP control system provides a method of back-up control of critical BOP functions in the event of failure of primary communication and control.
At the heart of the system is Nautronix’ ADS² (Acoustic Digital Spread Spectrum) signalling technology.
The system achieves a highly reliable communications link from a surface vessel to a subsea isolation device, such as a full BOP, or a simple isolation device such as which would be used during surface BOP drilling.
The NASeBOP subsea system consists of two Subsea Control Units (SCU) connected to remote transducers. Each SCU is capable of controlling and monitoring up to eight functions. This includes control of an Emergency Disconnect Sequence (EDS).
A 10 meter cable allows remote transducers to be positioned away from the SCUs, thus reducing the risk of shading or multi path effects caused by adjacent structures or subsea objects. Two SCUs provide system redundancy as each can be used independently for control and monitoring.
Mark Patterson, CEO of Nautronix comments: “We have invested more than £1 million in R&D over the past year with a significant amount in the area of our NASCOM product family supporting acoustic switches for BOPs.
"We are very pleased to have been awarded these contracts only a few weeks after the NASDrill RS925 orders for these drillships."
The company claims that the Nautronix system is the only system in the world that is fully compliant with API 16D and 17E standards and all test ports are testable to full operating depth (4000msw/5800psi). The two NASeBOP systems will be delivered in 2013.
More articles from this category
- Divex secures contract for saturation diving system
Equipment & Technology - August 22, 2014
- Tidewater reports results for lastest quarter
Company News - August 21, 2014
- Chellsea takes delivery of newbuild PSV
Vessel & ROV News - August 20, 2014
- Sea Surfer joins Deep Sea Supply fleet
Vessel & ROV News - August 19, 2014
- Siem Giant enters service offshore Brazil
Vessel & ROV News - August 18, 2014
- OSBIT secures Well Ops LARS deal
Equipment & Technology - August 15, 2014
- Strategic Marine appoints Business Development Manager
Company News - August 14, 2014
- UTEC StarNet extends partnership with Sky Futures to North America
Company News - August 13, 2014
- EMGS sticks with Boa Galatea
Contracts, Tenders and Rates - August 12, 2014
- UK "has billions of barrels of oil" - but extracting it is more and more costly
News - August 11, 2014
- Fugro teams with WFS Technologies for wireless ROV integration
Vessel & ROV News - August 8, 2014
- DOF awarded contract offshore Brazil
Contracts, Tenders and Rates - August 8, 2014
- Sinopacific secures first contract in Mexican market
Yard News - August 8, 2014
- Summer publishing schedule
News - August 8, 2014
- SMD to supply Sistac with work-class ROV
Vessel & ROV News - August 7, 2014