Bergen Group BMV to build construction vessel for North Sea Shipping
Vessel & ROV News - June 8, 2012
Bergen Group BMV in Norway has signed a contract with North Sea Shipping AS, a subsidiary of North Sea Shipping Holding AS, for the construction of a large construction vessel.
The value of the contract is NKr 1 billion, including options for some additional equipment. The contract is the largest single contract ever awarded to Bergen Group's shipbuilding division.
The ship is scheduled for delivery in the second quarter of 2014, and will be chartered by a major international subsea company.
The deal also includes and option for construction of a similar vessel planned for delivery in late 2014. The contract is signed, subject to financing.
The contract is for the construction of a an offshore construction vessel with facilities for laying flexible pipe and cables. The ship has a length of 142m, beam of 27m and a accommodation for 120 people.
The vessel is a ST-261 from naval architects Skipsteknisk, whoa re based in Ålesund, Norway.
The ship will have a DP3 dynamic positioning system, and an offshore crane with a lifting capacity of 400 tonnes. The crane will be able to work to a depth of 3,000m.
The ship will also have two work-class ROVs and around 2,000m2 of deck space.
More articles from this category
- Divex secures contract for saturation diving system
Equipment & Technology - August 22, 2014
- Tidewater reports results for lastest quarter
Company News - August 21, 2014
- Chellsea takes delivery of newbuild PSV
Vessel & ROV News - August 20, 2014
- Sea Surfer joins Deep Sea Supply fleet
Vessel & ROV News - August 19, 2014
- Siem Giant enters service offshore Brazil
Vessel & ROV News - August 18, 2014
- OSBIT secures Well Ops LARS deal
Equipment & Technology - August 15, 2014
- Strategic Marine appoints Business Development Manager
Company News - August 14, 2014
- UTEC StarNet extends partnership with Sky Futures to North America
Company News - August 13, 2014
- EMGS sticks with Boa Galatea
Contracts, Tenders and Rates - August 12, 2014
- UK "has billions of barrels of oil" - but extracting it is more and more costly
News - August 11, 2014
- Fugro teams with WFS Technologies for wireless ROV integration
Vessel & ROV News - August 8, 2014
- DOF awarded contract offshore Brazil
Contracts, Tenders and Rates - August 8, 2014
- Sinopacific secures first contract in Mexican market
Yard News - August 8, 2014
- Summer publishing schedule
News - August 8, 2014
- SMD to supply Sistac with work-class ROV
Vessel & ROV News - August 7, 2014