Kleven Maritime signs contract with Ugland Offshore
Yard News - June 8, 2012
Ugland's new PSV is due to be delivered early in 2014.
Kleven Maritime has signed a contract with Ugland Offshore for the delivery of a SALT 100 PSV.
The vessel is to be delivered from Kleven Verft in Ulsteinvik in Norway in the first quarter of 2014. The contract also includes an option for a second vessel.
Currently Kleven Maritime’s yard Myklebust Verft has a PSV of VS 485 MK II design under construction for Ugland, to be delivered end June this year.
J JUgland (JJUC) returned to the offshore industry when they established Ugland Offshore in 2011. Ugland also owns bulk handling vessels, shuttle tankers and barges, and is involved in other maritime business.
The new vessel, designed by Salt Ship Design in Stord, Norway, is 88.9m long, with a breadth of 20m and accommodation for 24.
Kleven said the Salt 100 design includes a number of new solutions, and is tailor-made to meet oil companies’ requirements for modern PSVs.
"Salt 100 combines innovation in design and technology to improve operating costs, improve safety and secure more efficient operations. Fuel consumption is low, and the vessel will be the first of its kind to incorporate a new and more efficient cargo handling solution," said the yard.
More articles from this category
- Divex secures contract for saturation diving system
Equipment & Technology - August 22, 2014
- Tidewater reports results for lastest quarter
Company News - August 21, 2014
- Chellsea takes delivery of newbuild PSV
Vessel & ROV News - August 20, 2014
- Sea Surfer joins Deep Sea Supply fleet
Vessel & ROV News - August 19, 2014
- Siem Giant enters service offshore Brazil
Vessel & ROV News - August 18, 2014
- OSBIT secures Well Ops LARS deal
Equipment & Technology - August 15, 2014
- Strategic Marine appoints Business Development Manager
Company News - August 14, 2014
- UTEC StarNet extends partnership with Sky Futures to North America
Company News - August 13, 2014
- EMGS sticks with Boa Galatea
Contracts, Tenders and Rates - August 12, 2014
- UK "has billions of barrels of oil" - but extracting it is more and more costly
News - August 11, 2014
- Fugro teams with WFS Technologies for wireless ROV integration
Vessel & ROV News - August 8, 2014
- DOF awarded contract offshore Brazil
Contracts, Tenders and Rates - August 8, 2014
- Sinopacific secures first contract in Mexican market
Yard News - August 8, 2014
- Summer publishing schedule
News - August 8, 2014
- SMD to supply Sistac with work-class ROV
Vessel & ROV News - August 7, 2014