Kleven to build subsea vessel for Eidesvik
Yard News - June 6, 2012
Eidesvik's new vessel is due to be delivered in 2014.
Kleven Maritime has signed a contract with Norwegian shipowner Eidesvik for delivery of a large offshore subsea construction vessel of SALT 301 OCV-design from by Salt Ship Design.
The vessel is to be built at Kleven Maritime’s Kleven Verft in Ulsteinvik, Norway. The total value of the contract is around Nk2 1.1 billion. The contract also includes an option for a further vessel of the same type.
“We are delighted that Eidesvik has chosen to build this large, very advanced vessel at Kleven Verft,” said Ståle Rasmussen, CEO of Kleven Maritime. “We look forward to continuing our cooperation with Eidesvik, and to deliver this complex vessel which we are confident will provide a safe work place for the crew, and be a good investment for Eidesvik.”
The vessel will have a deadweight of around 13,500 tonnes, length of 145m, breadth of 31m, and will have accommodation for 150 persons.
Two large offshore cranes, one of 400 tonnes crane and one of 100 tonnes, will be installed on board.
Delivery is set for the second quarter of 2014.
More articles from this category
- Tidewater reports results for lastest quarter
Company News - August 21, 2014
- Chellsea takes delivery of newbuild PSV
Vessel & ROV News - August 20, 2014
- Sea Surfer joins Deep Sea Supply fleet
Vessel & ROV News - August 19, 2014
- Siem Giant enters service offshore Brazil
Vessel & ROV News - August 18, 2014
- OSBIT secures Well Ops LARS deal
Equipment & Technology - August 15, 2014
- Strategic Marine appoints Business Development Manager
Company News - August 14, 2014
- UTEC StarNet extends partnership with Sky Futures to North America
Company News - August 13, 2014
- EMGS sticks with Boa Galatea
Contracts, Tenders and Rates - August 12, 2014
- UK "has billions of barrels of oil" - but extracting it is more and more costly
News - August 11, 2014
- Fugro teams with WFS Technologies for wireless ROV integration
Vessel & ROV News - August 8, 2014
- DOF awarded contract offshore Brazil
Contracts, Tenders and Rates - August 8, 2014
- Sinopacific secures first contract in Mexican market
Yard News - August 8, 2014
- Summer publishing schedule
News - August 8, 2014
- SMD to supply Sistac with work-class ROV
Vessel & ROV News - August 7, 2014
- SeaBird awarded Letter of Award for Osprey Explorer
Contracts, Tenders and Rates - August 7, 2014