ASCO wins supply base deals
Contracts, Tenders and Rates - June 6, 2012
ASCO has signed an agreement with Tromsø Port Authority to operate a new purpose-built supply base and harbour area. The company has also signed a supply base partnership deal with Maersk Oil to support its drilling campaigns in Norway over the next three years.
Due to be operational from mid 2013, the Tromsø base will be the focal point for servicing rigs in the North Norwegian Sea.
Work to construct the supply base facility has started, on the brown field site which is just south of Hammerfest.
The Tromsø development is part of a NKr300 million (£30 million) development plan by the Port Authority. It comes in direct response to increased oil and gas activity in the far North of Norway.
ASCO’s Northern Europe Managing Director, Runar Hatlevedt, said, “Tromsø is a key logistics hub in Northern Norway, strategically situated on the edge of the Arctic. This is a very important area of development for us and will enable us to support key drilling operations in the Northern part of the Norwegian Sea”.
The site will comprise of 80,000m2 of industrial space and two deep water quaysides in excess of 200m.
Mr Hatlevedt continued: “We are very impressed at the infrastructure being created by the Port Authority. This type of infrastructure is so important for global companies such as ASCO to establish our operations for the major oil and gas operators.
"In addition, our partnership with Tromsø Port Authority will help create jobs in the local area as well as develop local skills – boosting the local economy”.
The cooperation agreement also allows ASCO to commence logistics operations immediately at existing Tromsø Port facilities.
ASCO Norway has also signed a three year partnership deal to support Maersk Oil’s drilling campaigns in Norway. The campaigns will be supported from ASCO’s Kristiansund Base at Averøy.
The first oil rig to be supported under the new contract will be the Transocean Barents at license 6506/6-2 Albert in the Norwegian Sea just North of Kristiansund.
More articles from this category
- Tidewater reports results for lastest quarter
Company News - August 21, 2014
- Chellsea takes delivery of newbuild PSV
Vessel & ROV News - August 20, 2014
- Sea Surfer joins Deep Sea Supply fleet
Vessel & ROV News - August 19, 2014
- Siem Giant enters service offshore Brazil
Vessel & ROV News - August 18, 2014
- OSBIT secures Well Ops LARS deal
Equipment & Technology - August 15, 2014
- Strategic Marine appoints Business Development Manager
Company News - August 14, 2014
- UTEC StarNet extends partnership with Sky Futures to North America
Company News - August 13, 2014
- EMGS sticks with Boa Galatea
Contracts, Tenders and Rates - August 12, 2014
- UK "has billions of barrels of oil" - but extracting it is more and more costly
News - August 11, 2014
- Fugro teams with WFS Technologies for wireless ROV integration
Vessel & ROV News - August 8, 2014
- DOF awarded contract offshore Brazil
Contracts, Tenders and Rates - August 8, 2014
- Sinopacific secures first contract in Mexican market
Yard News - August 8, 2014
- Summer publishing schedule
News - August 8, 2014
- SMD to supply Sistac with work-class ROV
Vessel & ROV News - August 7, 2014
- SeaBird awarded Letter of Award for Osprey Explorer
Contracts, Tenders and Rates - August 7, 2014