CNOOC completes construction of derrick lay vessel Hai Yang Shi You 201
Vessel & ROV News - June 6, 2012
GustoMSC has announced that on 15 May CNOOC finished construction of the GustoMSC-designed derrick lay vessel Hai Yang Shi You 201, including the GustoMSC 4,000 tonne heavy lift offshore crane.
The vessel was built at Rongsheng Shipyard and completed outfitting at COOEC’s Qingdao yard. It will start its first operations in the China Sea and South East Asian waters.
Hai Yang Shi You 201 is a GustoMSC DPV7500 type deepwater crane/pipelay vessel. The DPV7500 is capable of laying rigid pipe in up to 2,000m water depth. It is designed to provide high redundancy meeting DPS-3 requirements.
The pipelay capacity is provided for single and double jointing of 6-60in pipes including a storage facility of 9,000 tonnes, a tensioning system of 2 x 200 tonnes complemented by a 400 tonnes A&R capacity. A GustoMSC designed fixed truss type stinger stinger adjustment system is situated at the aft of the vessel.
The vessel is equipped with a GustoMSC GDC-4000-ED derrick crane that combines high capacity and high outreach with a short minimum radius. The proprietary crane is provided with the GustoMSC bogie wheel system which provides unrestricted slewing of the crane and makes it ideally suited for installation of offshore jackets and modules, wind turbine parts, its own stinger or other heavy components.
The GDC-4000-ED is capable of lifting 3,500 tonnes @ 33m fully revolving. In tieback mode the lifting capacity is increased to 4,000 tonnes @ 43m over the stern.
Additional lifting versatility is included with an auxiliary hoist with a splittable block, suitable for SWL of 800 tonnes and 500 tonnes for deepwater applications and two whip hoists with SWL of 50 tonnes and 70 tonnes.
The new vessel has a length overall of 204.65m, length between perpendiculars of 185.0m, breadth moulded of 39.2m, depth of 14.0m, operational draught (pipe laying) of 7.0–8.0m and draught in crane lifting mode of 8.0–9.5m.
More articles from this category
- Tidewater reports results for lastest quarter
Company News - August 21, 2014
- Chellsea takes delivery of newbuild PSV
Vessel & ROV News - August 20, 2014
- Sea Surfer joins Deep Sea Supply fleet
Vessel & ROV News - August 19, 2014
- Siem Giant enters service offshore Brazil
Vessel & ROV News - August 18, 2014
- OSBIT secures Well Ops LARS deal
Equipment & Technology - August 15, 2014
- Strategic Marine appoints Business Development Manager
Company News - August 14, 2014
- UTEC StarNet extends partnership with Sky Futures to North America
Company News - August 13, 2014
- EMGS sticks with Boa Galatea
Contracts, Tenders and Rates - August 12, 2014
- UK "has billions of barrels of oil" - but extracting it is more and more costly
News - August 11, 2014
- Fugro teams with WFS Technologies for wireless ROV integration
Vessel & ROV News - August 8, 2014
- DOF awarded contract offshore Brazil
Contracts, Tenders and Rates - August 8, 2014
- Sinopacific secures first contract in Mexican market
Yard News - August 8, 2014
- Summer publishing schedule
News - August 8, 2014
- SMD to supply Sistac with work-class ROV
Vessel & ROV News - August 7, 2014
- SeaBird awarded Letter of Award for Osprey Explorer
Contracts, Tenders and Rates - August 7, 2014