Alnmaritec delivers first Wave Captain windfarm vessel
Vessel & ROV News - May 28, 2012
Alnmaritec, the specialist aluminium boatbuilder based in Northumberland in the UK, has delivered the first of its new ‘Wave Captain’ class of windfarm support vessels.
The new design is a derivative of the larger Wave Master class vessels which have proved highly successful in service and features the unique high efficiency hull form developed by Alnmaritec over the last year using extensive CFD modelling and towing tank testing.
Powered by twin Doosan 4V222TI 880 bhp diesel engines, coupled to ZF 2000V Gearboxes and driving twin 5 blade propellers she achieves a cruising speed of 24 knots and demonstrates exceptional sea keeping characteristics.
Ocean Wind 6 features the new high efficiency hullform developed by the company and has an aft twin tier deckhouse arrangement with a large foredeck with steps port and starboard leading to a raised forward bow section for personnel transfer.
The wheelhouse has a passenger saloon at deck level, with seating for twelve persons, including a galley and mess area, a wet area, with WC and a shower room. Below decks she has two cabins with sleeping accommodations for two persons in each.
The upper tier has seating for the helm and crew positioned forward at the main control console as well as a small galley and mess area and a survey station. Access is via stairs from the aft deck.
The substantial forward deck provides plenty of cargo space, with a Palfinger 6500MA marine hydraulic crane fitted on the port side for cargo handling. An MOB davit used for man overboard recovery is positioned on the port side bulwark of the aft working deck.
More articles from this category
- Divex secures contract for saturation diving system
Equipment & Technology - August 22, 2014
- Tidewater reports results for lastest quarter
Company News - August 21, 2014
- Chellsea takes delivery of newbuild PSV
Vessel & ROV News - August 20, 2014
- Sea Surfer joins Deep Sea Supply fleet
Vessel & ROV News - August 19, 2014
- Siem Giant enters service offshore Brazil
Vessel & ROV News - August 18, 2014
- OSBIT secures Well Ops LARS deal
Equipment & Technology - August 15, 2014
- Strategic Marine appoints Business Development Manager
Company News - August 14, 2014
- UTEC StarNet extends partnership with Sky Futures to North America
Company News - August 13, 2014
- EMGS sticks with Boa Galatea
Contracts, Tenders and Rates - August 12, 2014
- UK "has billions of barrels of oil" - but extracting it is more and more costly
News - August 11, 2014
- Fugro teams with WFS Technologies for wireless ROV integration
Vessel & ROV News - August 8, 2014
- DOF awarded contract offshore Brazil
Contracts, Tenders and Rates - August 8, 2014
- Sinopacific secures first contract in Mexican market
Yard News - August 8, 2014
- Summer publishing schedule
News - August 8, 2014
- SMD to supply Sistac with work-class ROV
Vessel & ROV News - August 7, 2014