Second 6G order for Sonardyne from DPS Offshore
Equipment & Technology - May 25, 2012
Sonardyne International Ltd has received an order for 6G acoustic positioning equipment worth £1 million from Forum Energy Technologies' equipment rental business, DPS Offshore.
The is the second order placed by DPS Offshore in as many months for Sonardyne’s sixth generation hardware platform and includes Compatt 6 transponders, RovNav 6 LBL transceivers and Lodestar GyroCompatt 6s for high update rate wireless attitude and acoustic positioning of any subsea object.
The equipment will be added to DPS’ equipment pool in Aberdeen, ready to support a wide range of subsea positioning tasks including structure placement and spoolpiece metrology.
6G products utilise Sonardyne’s ultra-wideband width, digital ranging and telemetry protocols developed to increase the precision, speed and reliability of acoustic positioning and aided inertial navigation operations.
The platform has been proven to deliver significant operational savings, allowing multi-user subsea construction survey tasks to be completed in less time than was previously possible.
More articles from this category
- Divex secures contract for saturation diving system
Equipment & Technology - August 22, 2014
- Tidewater reports results for lastest quarter
Company News - August 21, 2014
- Chellsea takes delivery of newbuild PSV
Vessel & ROV News - August 20, 2014
- Sea Surfer joins Deep Sea Supply fleet
Vessel & ROV News - August 19, 2014
- Siem Giant enters service offshore Brazil
Vessel & ROV News - August 18, 2014
- OSBIT secures Well Ops LARS deal
Equipment & Technology - August 15, 2014
- Strategic Marine appoints Business Development Manager
Company News - August 14, 2014
- UTEC StarNet extends partnership with Sky Futures to North America
Company News - August 13, 2014
- EMGS sticks with Boa Galatea
Contracts, Tenders and Rates - August 12, 2014
- UK "has billions of barrels of oil" - but extracting it is more and more costly
News - August 11, 2014
- Fugro teams with WFS Technologies for wireless ROV integration
Vessel & ROV News - August 8, 2014
- DOF awarded contract offshore Brazil
Contracts, Tenders and Rates - August 8, 2014
- Sinopacific secures first contract in Mexican market
Yard News - August 8, 2014
- Summer publishing schedule
News - August 8, 2014
- SMD to supply Sistac with work-class ROV
Vessel & ROV News - August 7, 2014