North Sea contracts signal growth for Atlantic Offshore Rescue
Company News - May 22, 2012
Aberdeen-based standby vessel operator Atlantic Offshore Rescue (previously Sartor Offshore Rescue) has secured contracts in the last few weeks with major oil companies worth a combined £12 million.
The vessels will provide support in the UK North Sea for Shell, Nexen, Hess and Talisman Energy (UK) Limited. Atlantic Offshore has been in operation since 1995 and manages a fleet of nine emergency response and rescue vessels (ERRVs) and four platform supply vessels (PSVs) out of Aberdeen.
John Bryce, managing director of Atlantic Offshore, said: “We enjoy a long-standing working relationship with Shell and are delighted that they have contracted our vessel once again.
"In addition to Hess and Nexen, who are returning clients, we are pleased to have secured a contract with new client Talisman and we look forward to demonstrating our safety standards onboard whilst building strong relationships with these companies.
“We have invested heavily into our fleet and staff training and are dedicated to continuing to do so. All of our nine ERRVs are currently fully utilised and we anticipate expanding the fleet with further vessels in the near future to meet client demand.
“It has been a very positive year to date and we look forward to strengthening our presence within the oil and gas industry under our new Atlantic Offshore Rescue branding. I am pleased that our good reputation is attracting new clients and we look forward to a long and safe working partnership with them,” he continued.
The company employs 350 people (approximately 330 seamen and 20 office-based staff) and provides multi-role offshore and emergency rescue and response vessels for many of the oil majors operating in the North Sea.
The company’s aim is to continue to expand its standby and emergency response capabilities within both the Norwegian and British sector of the North Sea and to be able to provide cross-border solutions reflecting the needs of its clients.
Atlantic Offshore Rescue is part of the Atlantic Offshore Group (previously Sartor Offshore Group) which is based in Norway.
More articles from this category
- Tidewater reports results for lastest quarter
Company News - August 21, 2014
- Chellsea takes delivery of newbuild PSV
Vessel & ROV News - August 20, 2014
- Sea Surfer joins Deep Sea Supply fleet
Vessel & ROV News - August 19, 2014
- Siem Giant enters service offshore Brazil
Vessel & ROV News - August 18, 2014
- OSBIT secures Well Ops LARS deal
Equipment & Technology - August 15, 2014
- Strategic Marine appoints Business Development Manager
Company News - August 14, 2014
- UTEC StarNet extends partnership with Sky Futures to North America
Company News - August 13, 2014
- EMGS sticks with Boa Galatea
Contracts, Tenders and Rates - August 12, 2014
- UK "has billions of barrels of oil" - but extracting it is more and more costly
News - August 11, 2014
- Fugro teams with WFS Technologies for wireless ROV integration
Vessel & ROV News - August 8, 2014
- DOF awarded contract offshore Brazil
Contracts, Tenders and Rates - August 8, 2014
- Sinopacific secures first contract in Mexican market
Yard News - August 8, 2014
- Summer publishing schedule
News - August 8, 2014
- SMD to supply Sistac with work-class ROV
Vessel & ROV News - August 7, 2014
- SeaBird awarded Letter of Award for Osprey Explorer
Contracts, Tenders and Rates - August 7, 2014