Ned-Deck Marine secures repeat orders for movable davits
Equipment & Technology - May 17, 2012
Ned-Deck Marine has secured repeat orders for the supply of movable hydraulic A-frame pivoting davits onboard PX121 design PSVs at a leading Norwegian shipyard.
The davit is located behind a bulkhead under the wheel house to free-up deck space onboard the PSV; and to protect it and the fast rescue boat it is designed to launch from harsh weather conditions.
By means of a track, the davit can be moved to its deployment position, ready for launch and recovery of the fast rescue boat. It is moved using a hydraulic motor, operated by means of a joystick on a remote control. In dead ship situation it is even possible to move the davit from the inside to the outside position by means of stored power. The davit system is fully in compliance with the latest SOLAS regulations.
After successful delivery and installation of the first two sets of the movable davits for Blue Ship Invest, the Norwegian shipyard awarded repeat orders to Ned-Deck Marine.
The davits are also suitable for use in Arctic conditions.
More articles from this category
- Tidewater reports results for lastest quarter
Company News - August 21, 2014
- Chellsea takes delivery of newbuild PSV
Vessel & ROV News - August 20, 2014
- Sea Surfer joins Deep Sea Supply fleet
Vessel & ROV News - August 19, 2014
- Siem Giant enters service offshore Brazil
Vessel & ROV News - August 18, 2014
- OSBIT secures Well Ops LARS deal
Equipment & Technology - August 15, 2014
- Strategic Marine appoints Business Development Manager
Company News - August 14, 2014
- UTEC StarNet extends partnership with Sky Futures to North America
Company News - August 13, 2014
- EMGS sticks with Boa Galatea
Contracts, Tenders and Rates - August 12, 2014
- UK "has billions of barrels of oil" - but extracting it is more and more costly
News - August 11, 2014
- Fugro teams with WFS Technologies for wireless ROV integration
Vessel & ROV News - August 8, 2014
- DOF awarded contract offshore Brazil
Contracts, Tenders and Rates - August 8, 2014
- Sinopacific secures first contract in Mexican market
Yard News - August 8, 2014
- Summer publishing schedule
News - August 8, 2014
- SMD to supply Sistac with work-class ROV
Vessel & ROV News - August 7, 2014
- SeaBird awarded Letter of Award for Osprey Explorer
Contracts, Tenders and Rates - August 7, 2014