DOF names Iguaçu Skandi, largest AHTS built in Brazil
Vessel & ROV News - May 16, 2012
In April, DOF Group named what it claims is the largest anchor handling tug supply vessel (AHTS) ever built in Brazil, Skandi Iguaçu.
The vessel has over 32,000 bhp installed and bollard pull of more than 300 tonnes.
The vessel will be ready for delivery to Petrobras three to five months in advance of contract requirement.
Skandi Iguacu was ordered from STX OSV shipyard, in Niterói, with financing from the Merchant Marine Fund through the agent BNDES (Brazilian Development Bank).
Skandi Iguaçu is part of a new generation of high powered anchor handling vessels, designed for operations across a wide range of deep water depths and environmental conditions. It is outfitted with the latest equipment for safe anchor handling operations, including cargo rail cranes with manipulators and new systems for handling rig anchors at stern.
The vessel has environmentally friendly hybrid machinery that combines a conventional diesel and a diesel-electric system.
More articles from this category
- Divex secures contract for saturation diving system
Equipment & Technology - August 22, 2014
- Tidewater reports results for lastest quarter
Company News - August 21, 2014
- Chellsea takes delivery of newbuild PSV
Vessel & ROV News - August 20, 2014
- Sea Surfer joins Deep Sea Supply fleet
Vessel & ROV News - August 19, 2014
- Siem Giant enters service offshore Brazil
Vessel & ROV News - August 18, 2014
- OSBIT secures Well Ops LARS deal
Equipment & Technology - August 15, 2014
- Strategic Marine appoints Business Development Manager
Company News - August 14, 2014
- UTEC StarNet extends partnership with Sky Futures to North America
Company News - August 13, 2014
- EMGS sticks with Boa Galatea
Contracts, Tenders and Rates - August 12, 2014
- UK "has billions of barrels of oil" - but extracting it is more and more costly
News - August 11, 2014
- Fugro teams with WFS Technologies for wireless ROV integration
Vessel & ROV News - August 8, 2014
- DOF awarded contract offshore Brazil
Contracts, Tenders and Rates - August 8, 2014
- Sinopacific secures first contract in Mexican market
Yard News - August 8, 2014
- Summer publishing schedule
News - August 8, 2014
- SMD to supply Sistac with work-class ROV
Vessel & ROV News - August 7, 2014