Navis Engineering opens sales office in Singapore
Company News - May 9, 2012
Dynamic positioning and vessel motion control systems supplier Navis Engineering Oy has deepened its commitment to Southeast Asia by establishing Singapore as its regional sales hub.
Its new Singapore office, headed by Southeast Asia Area Sales Manager Yuri Krivtsov, will take care of the sales and support operations in Singapore itself, but will also become the focus for the company’s activities in Malaysia, Vietnam, Thailand, Indonesia, Philippines and Australia.
Mr Krivtsov, who was formerly in charge of Navis sales covering Russia and CIS countries, said that new operation in Singapore would enhance the company’s ability to supply and support its dynamic positioning, joystick control and vessel motion control systems across the region.
“The new office is in the Gateway complex, close to Singapore’s Central Business District,” he said.
“Locating the office here also meets two more immediate objectives; as well as being close to the large number of ship owners with head offices in Singapore we are well placed to serve the Singaporean shipyards that specialise in offshore support vessels.
“It will also provide a platform to support offshore yards specialising in offshore throughout the region, which is a core market for Navis DP systems.”
Recent contracts won by Navis in this sector include four DP2 systems for fast supply intervention vessels under construction at a yard in Vietnam for Bourbon Offshore.
Mr Krivtsov added: “We believe demand for crewboats in the southeast Asia region will increase significantly over the next few years, opening up further opportunities for our latest generation DP systems. Having a direct presence on the ground in Singapore will put us in a better position to capitalise on such trends.”
More articles from this category
- Tidewater reports results for lastest quarter
Company News - August 21, 2014
- Chellsea takes delivery of newbuild PSV
Vessel & ROV News - August 20, 2014
- Sea Surfer joins Deep Sea Supply fleet
Vessel & ROV News - August 19, 2014
- Siem Giant enters service offshore Brazil
Vessel & ROV News - August 18, 2014
- OSBIT secures Well Ops LARS deal
Equipment & Technology - August 15, 2014
- Strategic Marine appoints Business Development Manager
Company News - August 14, 2014
- UTEC StarNet extends partnership with Sky Futures to North America
Company News - August 13, 2014
- EMGS sticks with Boa Galatea
Contracts, Tenders and Rates - August 12, 2014
- UK "has billions of barrels of oil" - but extracting it is more and more costly
News - August 11, 2014
- Fugro teams with WFS Technologies for wireless ROV integration
Vessel & ROV News - August 8, 2014
- DOF awarded contract offshore Brazil
Contracts, Tenders and Rates - August 8, 2014
- Sinopacific secures first contract in Mexican market
Yard News - August 8, 2014
- Summer publishing schedule
News - August 8, 2014
- SMD to supply Sistac with work-class ROV
Vessel & ROV News - August 7, 2014
- SeaBird awarded Letter of Award for Osprey Explorer
Contracts, Tenders and Rates - August 7, 2014