L-3 releases NACOS Platinum DP product
Equipment & Technology - May 4, 2012
L-3 Dynamic Positioning & Control Systems (L-3 DP&CS) has announced the release of the latest addition to the Navigation Automation Control System (NACOS) Platinum series, adding Dynamic Positioning (DP) to the system’s suite of navigation, automation and control applications.
Dynamic Positioning & Control Systems developed the new integrated Dynamic Positioning (DP) system working with two other L-3 Marine & Power Systems companies – Lyngsø Marine and SAM Electronics.
The company said the new DP capability complements the NACOS Platinum's proven range of functionality for vessels of all types and sizes "and offers unprecedented levels of system usability and scalability."
The new NACOS Platinum DP System was on display for the first time at the Offshore Technology Conference in Houston, Texas, April 30 through May 3.
“We developed the NACOS Platinum DP System according to user-centered design principles, building on the valued feedback from end users and human factors experts, as well as L-3's combined years of marine offshore oil and gas experience,” said Tony Gardiner, general manager of L-3 DP&CS.
“The system features combined wide-screen and touch-screen display technology, delivering a smarter user interface that is intuitive, with complete vessel overviews.
"Overall, this development greatly simplifies operations and puts L-3 firmly at the forefront of the industry, enabling the crew to concentrate on operating the ship safely and reliably without any undue distraction or stress.”
L-3 DP&CS’ new NACOS Platinum DP System uses a combination of networked architecture and modular components to support a full range of applications – from small alarm or stand-alone DP system capability to large and complex configurations for positioning, maneuvering, navigation and control of highly advanced vessels.
Additionally, system configurations can be easily expanded, upgraded or modified to provide increased functionality for each type of vessel. The versatility of the L-3 NACOS Platinum System is illustrated by integrated multi-functional workstations directly connected to the vessel’s IP network, enabling access to information from any workstation.
More articles from this category
- Divex secures contract for saturation diving system
Equipment & Technology - August 22, 2014
- Tidewater reports results for lastest quarter
Company News - August 21, 2014
- Chellsea takes delivery of newbuild PSV
Vessel & ROV News - August 20, 2014
- Sea Surfer joins Deep Sea Supply fleet
Vessel & ROV News - August 19, 2014
- Siem Giant enters service offshore Brazil
Vessel & ROV News - August 18, 2014
- OSBIT secures Well Ops LARS deal
Equipment & Technology - August 15, 2014
- Strategic Marine appoints Business Development Manager
Company News - August 14, 2014
- UTEC StarNet extends partnership with Sky Futures to North America
Company News - August 13, 2014
- EMGS sticks with Boa Galatea
Contracts, Tenders and Rates - August 12, 2014
- UK "has billions of barrels of oil" - but extracting it is more and more costly
News - August 11, 2014
- Fugro teams with WFS Technologies for wireless ROV integration
Vessel & ROV News - August 8, 2014
- DOF awarded contract offshore Brazil
Contracts, Tenders and Rates - August 8, 2014
- Sinopacific secures first contract in Mexican market
Yard News - August 8, 2014
- Summer publishing schedule
News - August 8, 2014
- SMD to supply Sistac with work-class ROV
Vessel & ROV News - August 7, 2014