Subsea 7 technology gets industry recognition at OTC
Equipment & Technology - May 2, 2012
Subsea 7’s Angular Connection Module (ACM) made the final of the American Society of Mechanical Engineers’ Best Mechanical Engineering Achievement Award at this year’s Offshore Technology Conference (OTC).
Subsea 7 developed the ACM for use in the Guará-Lula NE project in Brazil. The ACM is integral to the buoyancy supported rises concept developed by Subsea 7 as a de-coupled riser system for use in deepwater pre-salt fields offshore Brazil.
Given the number of risers installed, buoys take up different positions which can result in a large range of angles.
The ACM, an innovative component that connects flexible jumpers to pre-installed buoys, allows connections to be made at misaligned angles of up to 15 degrees reliably, efficiently and safely, and so reducing off-shore hook-up time.
The ACM has been qualified by Petrobras following guidelines recommended by DNV RP-A203 Qualification of New Technology.
At the award ceremony, held on 30 April at the Reliant Stadium in Houston, Ivan Cruz, Subsea 7’s Design Engineering Manager for the Guara-Lula NE project said: “The Best Mechanical Engineering Achievement Award is truly important and prestigious.
"The ACM is applied technology at its best. It shows how we are able to achieve technological advancements to support seabed-to-surface engineering for our clients’ projects.”
This was the second success of the night for Subsea 7. On the same evening, Subsea 7’s Senior Welding and Materials Engineer Grégory Toguyeni’s OTC conference paper on ‘Mechanically Lined Pipe: Installation by reel-lay’ received a commendation for the Best Mechanical Engineering Paper Award.
More articles from this category
- Divex secures contract for saturation diving system
Equipment & Technology - August 22, 2014
- Tidewater reports results for lastest quarter
Company News - August 21, 2014
- Chellsea takes delivery of newbuild PSV
Vessel & ROV News - August 20, 2014
- Sea Surfer joins Deep Sea Supply fleet
Vessel & ROV News - August 19, 2014
- Siem Giant enters service offshore Brazil
Vessel & ROV News - August 18, 2014
- OSBIT secures Well Ops LARS deal
Equipment & Technology - August 15, 2014
- Strategic Marine appoints Business Development Manager
Company News - August 14, 2014
- UTEC StarNet extends partnership with Sky Futures to North America
Company News - August 13, 2014
- EMGS sticks with Boa Galatea
Contracts, Tenders and Rates - August 12, 2014
- UK "has billions of barrels of oil" - but extracting it is more and more costly
News - August 11, 2014
- Fugro teams with WFS Technologies for wireless ROV integration
Vessel & ROV News - August 8, 2014
- DOF awarded contract offshore Brazil
Contracts, Tenders and Rates - August 8, 2014
- Sinopacific secures first contract in Mexican market
Yard News - August 8, 2014
- Summer publishing schedule
News - August 8, 2014
- SMD to supply Sistac with work-class ROV
Vessel & ROV News - August 7, 2014