ARKex acquiring FTG data offshore Greenland
Projects and Operations - April 30, 2012
ARKeX, a provider of non-seismic geophysical imaging services, in conjunction with ION Geophysical Corporation, has announced the commencement of a new multi-client full tensor gravity gradiometry (FTG) survey offshore Greenland.
The 50,000km2 (30,000 line km) survey will cover a substantial portion of the pre-round blocks that are on offer to the KANUMAS group and the ordinary round blocks that will be offered next year as part of Greenlandís ongoing license rounds.
With reserve estimates of 8.5 billion BOE, 80.4 trillion cf of gas, and 8.5 bb of natural gas liquids, the region offshore northeast Greenland is very attractive to E&P companies.
The FTG data will be incorporated with IONís 2D Northeast GreenlandSPAN programme to build a 3D structural model of the area, giving exploration companies valuable geologic information on which to base their exploration decisions.
The data is due to be available in the third quarter of 2012.
More articles from this category
- Divex secures contract for saturation diving system
Equipment & Technology - August 22, 2014
- Tidewater reports results for lastest quarter
Company News - August 21, 2014
- Chellsea takes delivery of newbuild PSV
Vessel & ROV News - August 20, 2014
- Sea Surfer joins Deep Sea Supply fleet
Vessel & ROV News - August 19, 2014
- Siem Giant enters service offshore Brazil
Vessel & ROV News - August 18, 2014
- OSBIT secures Well Ops LARS deal
Equipment & Technology - August 15, 2014
- Strategic Marine appoints Business Development Manager
Company News - August 14, 2014
- UTEC StarNet extends partnership with Sky Futures to North America
Company News - August 13, 2014
- EMGS sticks with Boa Galatea
Contracts, Tenders and Rates - August 12, 2014
- UK "has billions of barrels of oil" - but extracting it is more and more costly
News - August 11, 2014
- Fugro teams with WFS Technologies for wireless ROV integration
Vessel & ROV News - August 8, 2014
- DOF awarded contract offshore Brazil
Contracts, Tenders and Rates - August 8, 2014
- Sinopacific secures first contract in Mexican market
Yard News - August 8, 2014
- Summer publishing schedule
News - August 8, 2014
- SMD to supply Sistac with work-class ROV
Vessel & ROV News - August 7, 2014