EnerMech awarded precommissioning deal
Contracts, Tenders and Rates - April 27, 2012
EnerMech has been awarded a pre-commissioning contract in the Democratic Republic of Congo and Gabon by Technip.
The workscope is for precommissioning services on the Congo Gabon Flexible Replacement Project (FRP), is estimated to be worth over £1 million and is expected to last 12 months or more.
The Co-Ga FRP follows a review by Total which identified the need to replace flexible lines and piping in Gabon’s Anguille, Baudroie-Baliste, Torpille, Mandaros Barbier and Gonelle fields and in the Sendji, Yanga and Tchibouela fields in Congo.
The Aberdeen-based mechanical engineering group will perform gauge pigging on flexible flowlines post installation and topside hydrotesting services plus the dewatering of wet gas and gas lift flexible flowlines.
David Drysdale, general manager of EnerMech’s Process Pipeline and Umbilical Division, said the company’s ability to identify savings in vessel time, overall equipment spread and increase deck layout flexibility, had contributed to being awarded the contract.
Mr Drysdale said: “It will be the first time we have worked in Congo and Gabon but we have a strong track record working with Technip on other West African projects such as GirRi in Angola.
“Our project management capabilities and innovative solutions to help reduce client risk and cost was an important factor in winning this work, while our knowledge of the West African oil and gas sector, experience of our personnel and speciality equipment were also important factors for the client.”
More articles from this category
- Divex secures contract for saturation diving system
Equipment & Technology - August 22, 2014
- Tidewater reports results for lastest quarter
Company News - August 21, 2014
- Chellsea takes delivery of newbuild PSV
Vessel & ROV News - August 20, 2014
- Sea Surfer joins Deep Sea Supply fleet
Vessel & ROV News - August 19, 2014
- Siem Giant enters service offshore Brazil
Vessel & ROV News - August 18, 2014
- OSBIT secures Well Ops LARS deal
Equipment & Technology - August 15, 2014
- Strategic Marine appoints Business Development Manager
Company News - August 14, 2014
- UTEC StarNet extends partnership with Sky Futures to North America
Company News - August 13, 2014
- EMGS sticks with Boa Galatea
Contracts, Tenders and Rates - August 12, 2014
- UK "has billions of barrels of oil" - but extracting it is more and more costly
News - August 11, 2014
- Fugro teams with WFS Technologies for wireless ROV integration
Vessel & ROV News - August 8, 2014
- DOF awarded contract offshore Brazil
Contracts, Tenders and Rates - August 8, 2014
- Sinopacific secures first contract in Mexican market
Yard News - August 8, 2014
- Summer publishing schedule
News - August 8, 2014
- SMD to supply Sistac with work-class ROV
Vessel & ROV News - August 7, 2014