Lamprell holds naming ceremony for Seajacks Zaratan
Yard News - April 26, 2012
Lamprell recently held a naming ceremony for the Seajacks Zaratan, the third windfarm installation vessel it has built for Seajacks. The unit is due to be delivered in May this year.
Seajacks Zaratan, a purpose built Gusto MSC NG-5500 design DP2, self-elevating offshore wind turbine installation vessel, has a payload capacity of 2,950 tonnes and is equipped with an 800 tonne 'wrap-around' crane. The vessel is designed to accommodate 90 people.
This milestone brings the total number of wind farm installation vessels, constructed or under construction by Lamprell, to five. Seajacks Kraken and Leviathan were delivered on schedule in March and June 2009, respectively.
Commenting at the ceremony, Nigel McCue, Chief Executive Officer, Lamprell said: “I am delighted to be part of this event marking the naming of the third vessel we have built for Seajacks.
"Built in 23 months from contract date, on schedule, this important milestone underscores Lamprell’s commitment to our customers in the renewable energy market. Having successfully delivered two wind farm installation vessels and with three more scheduled for delivery this year, Lamprell is well positioned to be a leader in this market specifically as demand for such vessels increases. We look forward to announcing the delivery of the Zaratan in due course."
Commenting at the event, Kevin Alcock, Vice President New Build Projects, Seajacks, said: “Lamprell’s reputation for quality and on-time delivery led to their selection as Seajack’s partner of choice for building our fleet of wind farm installation vessels.
"With demand for these vessels growing in line with the sector demands, the delivery of projects on time is paramount. We are pleased to be marking this event once again with Lamprell."
More articles from this category
- Divex secures contract for saturation diving system
Equipment & Technology - August 22, 2014
- Tidewater reports results for lastest quarter
Company News - August 21, 2014
- Chellsea takes delivery of newbuild PSV
Vessel & ROV News - August 20, 2014
- Sea Surfer joins Deep Sea Supply fleet
Vessel & ROV News - August 19, 2014
- Siem Giant enters service offshore Brazil
Vessel & ROV News - August 18, 2014
- OSBIT secures Well Ops LARS deal
Equipment & Technology - August 15, 2014
- Strategic Marine appoints Business Development Manager
Company News - August 14, 2014
- UTEC StarNet extends partnership with Sky Futures to North America
Company News - August 13, 2014
- EMGS sticks with Boa Galatea
Contracts, Tenders and Rates - August 12, 2014
- UK "has billions of barrels of oil" - but extracting it is more and more costly
News - August 11, 2014
- Fugro teams with WFS Technologies for wireless ROV integration
Vessel & ROV News - August 8, 2014
- DOF awarded contract offshore Brazil
Contracts, Tenders and Rates - August 8, 2014
- Sinopacific secures first contract in Mexican market
Yard News - August 8, 2014
- Summer publishing schedule
News - August 8, 2014
- SMD to supply Sistac with work-class ROV
Vessel & ROV News - August 7, 2014