Huisman awarded contract for yard crane and flexlay system
Equipment & Technology - April 26, 2012
Huisman in The Netherlands has been awarded new contracts by Technip for a 500 tonnes yard crane and a 150 tonnes Flexlay system.
The crane and the pipelay system will be designed and constructed by Huisman in the Netherlands and the Czech Republic.
The yard crane is the third crane of this type built by Huisman, however it is the first to be used for onshore purposes. This design derives from Huismanís many years of experience in the design, fabrication and service of heavy lifting equipment. The fully revolving crane combines unique technical features, such as a full electric variable frequency drive system, a low overall construction weight and a small minimum operating radius.
These features result in a low power consumption, lower operational costs and maximum operability. The crane will be installed, commissioned and tested at Technipís Flexi France facility in Le Trait, France, in mid-2013.
The flexlay system will be designed and built for the installation of flexible pipelines. The system can be separated into two modules, allowing for easy installation onboard.
Said Huisman: "A definite first for a Flexlay system of this size is the two openable and retractable 75 tonne tensioners, which allow for safe and efficient installation of large subsea infrastructure components such as umbilicals, risers and flowlines.
"The systemís deepwater lowering function allows for installation in up to 3,000m water depth. Delivery of the Flexlay system is scheduled for the end of 2013."
More articles from this category
- Divex secures contract for saturation diving system
Equipment & Technology - August 22, 2014
- Tidewater reports results for lastest quarter
Company News - August 21, 2014
- Chellsea takes delivery of newbuild PSV
Vessel & ROV News - August 20, 2014
- Sea Surfer joins Deep Sea Supply fleet
Vessel & ROV News - August 19, 2014
- Siem Giant enters service offshore Brazil
Vessel & ROV News - August 18, 2014
- OSBIT secures Well Ops LARS deal
Equipment & Technology - August 15, 2014
- Strategic Marine appoints Business Development Manager
Company News - August 14, 2014
- UTEC StarNet extends partnership with Sky Futures to North America
Company News - August 13, 2014
- EMGS sticks with Boa Galatea
Contracts, Tenders and Rates - August 12, 2014
- UK "has billions of barrels of oil" - but extracting it is more and more costly
News - August 11, 2014
- Fugro teams with WFS Technologies for wireless ROV integration
Vessel & ROV News - August 8, 2014
- DOF awarded contract offshore Brazil
Contracts, Tenders and Rates - August 8, 2014
- Sinopacific secures first contract in Mexican market
Yard News - August 8, 2014
- Summer publishing schedule
News - August 8, 2014
- SMD to supply Sistac with work-class ROV
Vessel & ROV News - August 7, 2014