UTEC acquires second AUV
Vessel & ROV News - April 25, 2012
UTEC has completed factory acceptance tests and has taken delivery of an additional Teledyne Gavia autonomous underwater vehcile (AUV) to expand its AUV fleet.
UTEC’s fleet of 1000m-rated AUV systems are licensed for use in 67 countries from UTEC’s Houston base.
“UTEC is committed to investing in the best equipment and the most recent technology to offer our international customers the highest level of service. We continue to work closely with Teledyne Gavia and others to develop new modules and enhance the capabilities of these class leading AUVs,” said Ken Adams, UTEC’s chief technology officer.
Recently, UTEC formally extended its agreement with the University of Delaware, which provides access to the university’s Gavia AUV ‘DORA.’ The parties intend to build upon the established relationship, now in its third year, to continue to share knowledge and benefit from increased asset availability.
“At the University of Delaware we are excited to continue our collaborations with UTEC and continue to field cutting edge technology in the hands of the best trained personnel,” said University of Delaware’s associate professor Art Trembanis, director of the Coastal Sediments, Hyrdrodynamics, and Engineering Lab (CSHEL).
The AUVs incorporate many key features including: a nosecone-mounted digital stills camera and Imagenex obstacle avoidance sonar, the Inertial Navigation System-T-24 IMU by Kearfott DVL, which is aided by 1200kHz Doppler Velocity Log from Teledyne RDI. Additionally both of UTEC’s AUVs have a Side Scan Sonar – dual-frequency (900-1800kHZ) by Marine Sonics Technology Ltd, and a Multi-beam Echo Sounder – Geoswath Plus by GeoAcoustics.
More articles from this category
- Divex secures contract for saturation diving system
Equipment & Technology - August 22, 2014
- Tidewater reports results for lastest quarter
Company News - August 21, 2014
- Chellsea takes delivery of newbuild PSV
Vessel & ROV News - August 20, 2014
- Sea Surfer joins Deep Sea Supply fleet
Vessel & ROV News - August 19, 2014
- Siem Giant enters service offshore Brazil
Vessel & ROV News - August 18, 2014
- OSBIT secures Well Ops LARS deal
Equipment & Technology - August 15, 2014
- Strategic Marine appoints Business Development Manager
Company News - August 14, 2014
- UTEC StarNet extends partnership with Sky Futures to North America
Company News - August 13, 2014
- EMGS sticks with Boa Galatea
Contracts, Tenders and Rates - August 12, 2014
- UK "has billions of barrels of oil" - but extracting it is more and more costly
News - August 11, 2014
- Fugro teams with WFS Technologies for wireless ROV integration
Vessel & ROV News - August 8, 2014
- DOF awarded contract offshore Brazil
Contracts, Tenders and Rates - August 8, 2014
- Sinopacific secures first contract in Mexican market
Yard News - August 8, 2014
- Summer publishing schedule
News - August 8, 2014
- SMD to supply Sistac with work-class ROV
Vessel & ROV News - August 7, 2014