Kleven Maritime to build subsea support and construction vessel for Rem Offshore
Vessel & ROV News - April 24, 2012
Kleven Maritime has signed a contract with Rem Offshore for an advanced multifunction subsea support/construction vessel. The contract value is around NKr 550 million.
"Kleven Maritime and Rem have had a strong relationship for many years, and we are very pleased that they choose Kleven again," said Ståle Rasmussen, CEO at Kleven Maritime.
Kleven has so far delivered 12 vessels to Rem, and will also deliver a LNG powered vessel to Rem in December this year.
"We believe the market for this type of vessels will be strong in the future," said Åge Remøy at Rem Offshore. "We took delivery of a vessel of the same type from Kleven yard in August 2008, and our experience with this vessel, Rem Forza, has been very positive."
The vessel is of MT6022 design from Marin Teknikk. Among its features will be a powerful offshore crane able to lift 250 tonnes at 650m or 135 tonnes at 3,000m water depth.
The delivery date is set for June 2013.
More articles from this category
- Divex secures contract for saturation diving system
Equipment & Technology - August 22, 2014
- Tidewater reports results for lastest quarter
Company News - August 21, 2014
- Chellsea takes delivery of newbuild PSV
Vessel & ROV News - August 20, 2014
- Sea Surfer joins Deep Sea Supply fleet
Vessel & ROV News - August 19, 2014
- Siem Giant enters service offshore Brazil
Vessel & ROV News - August 18, 2014
- OSBIT secures Well Ops LARS deal
Equipment & Technology - August 15, 2014
- Strategic Marine appoints Business Development Manager
Company News - August 14, 2014
- UTEC StarNet extends partnership with Sky Futures to North America
Company News - August 13, 2014
- EMGS sticks with Boa Galatea
Contracts, Tenders and Rates - August 12, 2014
- UK "has billions of barrels of oil" - but extracting it is more and more costly
News - August 11, 2014
- Fugro teams with WFS Technologies for wireless ROV integration
Vessel & ROV News - August 8, 2014
- DOF awarded contract offshore Brazil
Contracts, Tenders and Rates - August 8, 2014
- Sinopacific secures first contract in Mexican market
Yard News - August 8, 2014
- Summer publishing schedule
News - August 8, 2014
- SMD to supply Sistac with work-class ROV
Vessel & ROV News - August 7, 2014