Stewart Group paves way for further
Company News - April 17, 2012
International shipbroker The Stewart Group has underpinned its growth plans by relocating to new premises in Aberdeen that triple its office space.
The established business, which currently has 12 people based in the city as well as a further 14 at offices in London, Houston, Cape Town and Ghana, now has space for 26 staff following a move to the multi-million pound City Wharf development on Shiprow.
The company, which was previously based in Union Street, has invested more than £600,000 to create a modern working environment that features a classic maritime theme.
The 5,500ft2 office has been developed by architects to provide quality business space that places an emphasis on working efficiency and staff welfare.
Paul Love, Managing Director of The Stewart Group, says: “This is a key move for the business, providing us with the scope to expand as demand for our services and expertise increases nationally and internationally.
“Our brief to the architects was to create an office with a design which would stand comparison with the absolute best. We think we have achieved this and look forward to an exciting new era for the business.”
Mr Love and Director Andrew Miller will continue to lead The Stewart Group as it pursues its growth strategy. As planned, Chairman Bill Budge is becoming Non-executive Chairman, allowing him to adopt a corporate role within the UK and overseas offices of the group and its parent company RS Platou ASA that utilises his 30 years’ expertise in shipbroking.
Mr Budge says: “I’m looking forward to a new role that will be both challenging and stimulating, whilst allowing me to continue to work with clients with whom I have long-established relationships.”
Peter Anker, Chief Executive Officer of RS Platou ASA, comments: “The Stewart Group is an integral part of the Platou Group and our commitment to new offices in Aberdeen is a demonstration of future expansion plans.
“Equally, I am delighted that we shall be able to continue to use the extensive knowledge and expertise of Bill Budge as well as having a superb management team led by Paul and Andrew.”
More articles from this category
- Divex secures contract for saturation diving system
Equipment & Technology - August 22, 2014
- Tidewater reports results for lastest quarter
Company News - August 21, 2014
- Chellsea takes delivery of newbuild PSV
Vessel & ROV News - August 20, 2014
- Sea Surfer joins Deep Sea Supply fleet
Vessel & ROV News - August 19, 2014
- Siem Giant enters service offshore Brazil
Vessel & ROV News - August 18, 2014
- OSBIT secures Well Ops LARS deal
Equipment & Technology - August 15, 2014
- Strategic Marine appoints Business Development Manager
Company News - August 14, 2014
- UTEC StarNet extends partnership with Sky Futures to North America
Company News - August 13, 2014
- EMGS sticks with Boa Galatea
Contracts, Tenders and Rates - August 12, 2014
- UK "has billions of barrels of oil" - but extracting it is more and more costly
News - August 11, 2014
- Fugro teams with WFS Technologies for wireless ROV integration
Vessel & ROV News - August 8, 2014
- DOF awarded contract offshore Brazil
Contracts, Tenders and Rates - August 8, 2014
- Sinopacific secures first contract in Mexican market
Yard News - August 8, 2014
- Summer publishing schedule
News - August 8, 2014
- SMD to supply Sistac with work-class ROV
Vessel & ROV News - August 7, 2014