Fugro undertakes Navitus Bay geophysical survey
Projects and Operations - March 28, 2012
Following the success of the preliminary geotechnical coring programme in 2010, Fugro has successfully performed a detailed geophysical survey of Navitus Bay for Eneco Round 3 Development Ltd.
Navitus Bay is to the west of the Isle of Wight and lies within Zone 7 of the Crown Estate’s Round 3 UK offshore windfarm zones.
The aim of the survey was to acquire sufficient data to carry out the front end engineering and design studies, and to gain a thorough understanding of the zone’s geology and geomorphology.
Fugro was tasked with acquiring suitable survey results to support the environmental processes and for the detailed design and installation of the wind turbine foundations and export cables.
The detailed geophysical survey was on the main windfarm area, the export cable routes from the wind farm to the UK mainland, and a met mast location.
Various sensors and geophysical techniques were used for the survey including single and multibeam echo sounder, high resolution side scan sonar, sub-bottom profiler, magnetometer and ultra-high resolution multichannel seismic. The integrated survey report provided a detailed image of the seafloor and a geological model of the site.
The Navitus Bay project involved surveying an area of more than 200km˛ and took around one month to execute.
More articles from this category
- Tidewater reports results for lastest quarter
Company News - August 21, 2014
- Chellsea takes delivery of newbuild PSV
Vessel & ROV News - August 20, 2014
- Sea Surfer joins Deep Sea Supply fleet
Vessel & ROV News - August 19, 2014
- Siem Giant enters service offshore Brazil
Vessel & ROV News - August 18, 2014
- OSBIT secures Well Ops LARS deal
Equipment & Technology - August 15, 2014
- Strategic Marine appoints Business Development Manager
Company News - August 14, 2014
- UTEC StarNet extends partnership with Sky Futures to North America
Company News - August 13, 2014
- EMGS sticks with Boa Galatea
Contracts, Tenders and Rates - August 12, 2014
- UK "has billions of barrels of oil" - but extracting it is more and more costly
News - August 11, 2014
- Fugro teams with WFS Technologies for wireless ROV integration
Vessel & ROV News - August 8, 2014
- DOF awarded contract offshore Brazil
Contracts, Tenders and Rates - August 8, 2014
- Sinopacific secures first contract in Mexican market
Yard News - August 8, 2014
- Summer publishing schedule
News - August 8, 2014
- SMD to supply Sistac with work-class ROV
Vessel & ROV News - August 7, 2014
- SeaBird awarded Letter of Award for Osprey Explorer
Contracts, Tenders and Rates - August 7, 2014