Baker Hughes to deploy new well stim vessel on behalf of Maersk
Vessel & ROV News - March 16, 2012
Baker Hughes Incorporated (BHI) has contracted a new pressure pumping vessel to provide offshore stimulation services to Maersk Oil in the North Sea.
Blue Orca, the new stimulation vessel, is expected to join Baker Hughes’ fleet as the eighth unit upon its completion in late 2013.
The company did not divulge details regarding the yard which was building the vessel but revealed the commencement of engineering work on the marine and stimulation systems.
"We are pleased to be working with Maersk Oil as we expand our current fleet into the North Sea," said Art Soucy, Baker Hughes' President of Global Products & Services.
Blue Orca will be rated to 15,000 psi and will offer among the largest fluid and proppant carrying capacities in the world.
It will provide 15,000 hydraulic horsepower pumping capacity and the ability to pump at rates well in excess of 60 bpm. Engineering work on the marine and stimulation systems has already begun.
"Stimulation of long horizontal wells is one of Maersk Oil's key technologies and vital for economic development of our tight chalk reservoirs," said Mary Van Domelen, Maersk Oil's Stimulation Team Leader.
"We appreciate the opportunity to work with Baker Hughes to deliver a new state-of-the-art stimulation vessel and look forward to welcoming the Blue Orca to the North Sea."
Blue Orca will join Baker Hughes' other stimulation vessels - including the latest additions to the company fleet, |Blue Tarpon and the Blue Dolphin. The vessels support offshore completion operations and will be equipped to support high-rate and high-volume multi-zone fracturing operations.
More articles from this category
- Divex secures contract for saturation diving system
Equipment & Technology - August 22, 2014
- Tidewater reports results for lastest quarter
Company News - August 21, 2014
- Chellsea takes delivery of newbuild PSV
Vessel & ROV News - August 20, 2014
- Sea Surfer joins Deep Sea Supply fleet
Vessel & ROV News - August 19, 2014
- Siem Giant enters service offshore Brazil
Vessel & ROV News - August 18, 2014
- OSBIT secures Well Ops LARS deal
Equipment & Technology - August 15, 2014
- Strategic Marine appoints Business Development Manager
Company News - August 14, 2014
- UTEC StarNet extends partnership with Sky Futures to North America
Company News - August 13, 2014
- EMGS sticks with Boa Galatea
Contracts, Tenders and Rates - August 12, 2014
- UK "has billions of barrels of oil" - but extracting it is more and more costly
News - August 11, 2014
- Fugro teams with WFS Technologies for wireless ROV integration
Vessel & ROV News - August 8, 2014
- DOF awarded contract offshore Brazil
Contracts, Tenders and Rates - August 8, 2014
- Sinopacific secures first contract in Mexican market
Yard News - August 8, 2014
- Summer publishing schedule
News - August 8, 2014
- SMD to supply Sistac with work-class ROV
Vessel & ROV News - August 7, 2014