Rolls-Royce wins contract from Hyundai to design and equip four vessels
Vessel & ROV News - March 16, 2012
Hyundai Mipo Dockyard is to build foour UT 776 CD PSVs.
Rolls-Royce has received an order from Korean shipbuilder Hyundai Mipo Dockyard Co Ltd to design and equip four deepwater PSVs.
The contract is worth more than £45 million to Rolls-Royce and includes options for a further two vessels of the same type.
The vessel designs are UT 776 CD - a development of the popular Rolls-Royce UT 700 series, designed specifically for supplying equipment and services to deepwater oil and gas platforms.
Jørn Heltne, Rolls-Royce, Senior Vice President Ship Technology Offshore, said: “This latest order develops our long term relationship with Hyundai as a builder of these advanced vessels, designed to operate safely in the most challenging conditions.”
Hyundai’s President and CEO W G Choe said: “We are extremely pleased to enter into this deepwater market segment by building offshore vessels of a world leading design from Rolls-Royce.”
The 4,400 tonne, 97m long vessels will feature a range of Rolls-Royce equipment including a diesel-electric propulsion system which improves fuel efficiency and lowers emissions when operating at reduced power levels.
The propulsion system meets current Clean Design standards – an industry-specific range of stringent environmental and safety requirements that, through the design of the vessel, reduce emissions to sea and air.
The vessels will be built at the Hyundai’s shipyard in Ulsan, Korea, and are due to be delivered in 2013 and 2014.
The four vessels will feature a range of Rolls-Royce equipment including diesel engines, electric driven propulsion azimuth thrusters, electric driven transverse thrusters, a passive stabilizing system, automation and control systems, power electric system, a dynamic positioning system (DP II).The range of deck machinery on board will include a bulk handling system.
More articles from this category
- Divex secures contract for saturation diving system
Equipment & Technology - August 22, 2014
- Tidewater reports results for lastest quarter
Company News - August 21, 2014
- Chellsea takes delivery of newbuild PSV
Vessel & ROV News - August 20, 2014
- Sea Surfer joins Deep Sea Supply fleet
Vessel & ROV News - August 19, 2014
- Siem Giant enters service offshore Brazil
Vessel & ROV News - August 18, 2014
- OSBIT secures Well Ops LARS deal
Equipment & Technology - August 15, 2014
- Strategic Marine appoints Business Development Manager
Company News - August 14, 2014
- UTEC StarNet extends partnership with Sky Futures to North America
Company News - August 13, 2014
- EMGS sticks with Boa Galatea
Contracts, Tenders and Rates - August 12, 2014
- UK "has billions of barrels of oil" - but extracting it is more and more costly
News - August 11, 2014
- Fugro teams with WFS Technologies for wireless ROV integration
Vessel & ROV News - August 8, 2014
- DOF awarded contract offshore Brazil
Contracts, Tenders and Rates - August 8, 2014
- Sinopacific secures first contract in Mexican market
Yard News - August 8, 2014
- Summer publishing schedule
News - August 8, 2014
- SMD to supply Sistac with work-class ROV
Vessel & ROV News - August 7, 2014