Call for papers published for IMCA Annual Seminar 2012
Organisations and Associations - March 14, 2012
A call for papers for the 2012 International Marine Contractors Association (IMCA) Annual Seminar has been published.
The 20th in the annual series will be held Wednesday 28- Thursday 29 November at the Okura Hotel, Amsterdam, Netherlands with the theme ‘Marine and subsea operations: a culture of sustainability’.
“We are inviting members and non-members alike to submit abstracts on topics ranging from technological developments to operational experience on recently completed projects or those under development,” explains IMCA’s Chief Executive, Hugh Williams.
“While presentations relating to all types of marine operations will be considered we have drawn up some topic headings in which we are particularly interested, and under each of them given more detail on our website.
“The five key topic areas are management of the environmental impact, including reduce, reuse and recycle initiatives; marine operations technology and equipment – current and evolving; diving – key developments and advances in diving equipment and operations; ROV and AUV resources – developments in ROV and AUV technology; and offshore survey – technical challenges in surveying operations. As is now traditional at the IMCA Annual Seminar we will be opting for a mix of plenary sessions, presentations and parallel workshops – these, along with plenty of social and networking opportunities, plus a small exhibition provide the perfect mix.”
The Annual Seminar is organised by all four IMCA technical divisions and will include separate Marine, Diving and Offshore Survey/ROV sessions.
Abstracts should be submitted to email@example.com using the abstract template which can be found via www.imca-int.com/events/seminar/callforpapers.html.
The 2011 Annual Seminar, held in New Orleans, USA, saw over 350 people attending with 22 companies exhibiting. Delegates included offshore and onshore management and operational staff, together with equipment suppliers, consultants, oil company representatives and regulators.
More articles from this category
- Divex secures contract for saturation diving system
Equipment & Technology - August 22, 2014
- Tidewater reports results for lastest quarter
Company News - August 21, 2014
- Chellsea takes delivery of newbuild PSV
Vessel & ROV News - August 20, 2014
- Sea Surfer joins Deep Sea Supply fleet
Vessel & ROV News - August 19, 2014
- Siem Giant enters service offshore Brazil
Vessel & ROV News - August 18, 2014
- OSBIT secures Well Ops LARS deal
Equipment & Technology - August 15, 2014
- Strategic Marine appoints Business Development Manager
Company News - August 14, 2014
- UTEC StarNet extends partnership with Sky Futures to North America
Company News - August 13, 2014
- EMGS sticks with Boa Galatea
Contracts, Tenders and Rates - August 12, 2014
- UK "has billions of barrels of oil" - but extracting it is more and more costly
News - August 11, 2014
- Fugro teams with WFS Technologies for wireless ROV integration
Vessel & ROV News - August 8, 2014
- DOF awarded contract offshore Brazil
Contracts, Tenders and Rates - August 8, 2014
- Sinopacific secures first contract in Mexican market
Yard News - August 8, 2014
- Summer publishing schedule
News - August 8, 2014
- SMD to supply Sistac with work-class ROV
Vessel & ROV News - August 7, 2014