Brazil's Ašu Shipbuilding to build pipelayer
Yard News - February 29, 2012
OSX reports that it has been contracted by Sapura NavegašŃo MarÝtima S/A for the construction of a pipelaying support vessel (PLSV), for a total amount of approximately US$263 million.
The vessel will be built by OSX at the Ašu Shipbuilding in the north of the State of Rio de Janeiro.
The PLSV will be used for laying and installing flexible pipelines on the seabed.
Sapura is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Seabras Sapura Participaš§es S/A, which is currently wholly-owned by SapuraCrest Petroleum Berhad in Malaysia.
SapuraCrest is currently in the process of obtaining its shareholders approval for a proposed joint venture with Seadrill Limited. Seabras Sapura will be the joint venture vehicle for the proposed joint venture.
More articles from this category
- Divex secures contract for saturation diving system
Equipment & Technology - August 22, 2014
- Tidewater reports results for lastest quarter
Company News - August 21, 2014
- Chellsea takes delivery of newbuild PSV
Vessel & ROV News - August 20, 2014
- Sea Surfer joins Deep Sea Supply fleet
Vessel & ROV News - August 19, 2014
- Siem Giant enters service offshore Brazil
Vessel & ROV News - August 18, 2014
- OSBIT secures Well Ops LARS deal
Equipment & Technology - August 15, 2014
- Strategic Marine appoints Business Development Manager
Company News - August 14, 2014
- UTEC StarNet extends partnership with Sky Futures to North America
Company News - August 13, 2014
- EMGS sticks with Boa Galatea
Contracts, Tenders and Rates - August 12, 2014
- UK "has billions of barrels of oil" - but extracting it is more and more costly
News - August 11, 2014
- Fugro teams with WFS Technologies for wireless ROV integration
Vessel & ROV News - August 8, 2014
- DOF awarded contract offshore Brazil
Contracts, Tenders and Rates - August 8, 2014
- Sinopacific secures first contract in Mexican market
Yard News - August 8, 2014
- Summer publishing schedule
News - August 8, 2014
- SMD to supply Sistac with work-class ROV
Vessel & ROV News - August 7, 2014