Reef Subsea charters Neptune newbuilds
Contracts, Tenders and Rates - November 16, 2011
Reef Subsea has signed two five-year charter agreements with Neptune Offshore in Norway for two newbuild, dynamically positioned subsea construction vessels - Neptune Despina and Neptune Larissa.
Simultaneously, Neptune Subsea, the shipowning company for the vessels, has welcomed Reef Subsea as a 25 per cent shareholder.
Both vessels have been recently delivered to Neptune Offshore and should be transferred to Reef Subsea by mid-January 2012.
The vessels are subsea/IMR/construction vessels, and will be renamed Reef Despina and Reef Larissa.
They were designed by Ulstein group and have the Ulstein X-Bow and the advantages claimed for that hullform in terms of transit speed in head seas and reduced fuel consumption.
In a statement Reef Subsea said the design also provides several advantages in the foreship and on the working decks, making the vessels more environmentally and work friendly.
Designed for worldwide and deepwater services, they are equipped with 150t SWL crane with active heave compensation, an enclosed ROV hangar with integrated LARS for the deployment of work-class ROVs on both sides of the vessel, a large moonpool and up to 750m˛ of working deck.
The 150t crane is able to work in over 2,000m of water and, with the Reef Subsea’s worl class ROVs, the vessels will be able to operate in water depths up to 3,000m.
Both vessels are expected to work in the North Sea and elsewhere in Europe.
More articles from this category
- Divex secures contract for saturation diving system
Equipment & Technology - August 22, 2014
- Tidewater reports results for lastest quarter
Company News - August 21, 2014
- Chellsea takes delivery of newbuild PSV
Vessel & ROV News - August 20, 2014
- Sea Surfer joins Deep Sea Supply fleet
Vessel & ROV News - August 19, 2014
- Siem Giant enters service offshore Brazil
Vessel & ROV News - August 18, 2014
- OSBIT secures Well Ops LARS deal
Equipment & Technology - August 15, 2014
- Strategic Marine appoints Business Development Manager
Company News - August 14, 2014
- UTEC StarNet extends partnership with Sky Futures to North America
Company News - August 13, 2014
- EMGS sticks with Boa Galatea
Contracts, Tenders and Rates - August 12, 2014
- UK "has billions of barrels of oil" - but extracting it is more and more costly
News - August 11, 2014
- Fugro teams with WFS Technologies for wireless ROV integration
Vessel & ROV News - August 8, 2014
- DOF awarded contract offshore Brazil
Contracts, Tenders and Rates - August 8, 2014
- Sinopacific secures first contract in Mexican market
Yard News - August 8, 2014
- Summer publishing schedule
News - August 8, 2014
- SMD to supply Sistac with work-class ROV
Vessel & ROV News - August 7, 2014