Turnover up at Ecosse Subsea
Company News - September 20, 2011
Subsea UK News reports that Aberdeen-based Ecosse Subsea Systems has marked its 16th anniversary with news they have received two nominations for prestigious business awards and that turnover has increased.
For the year to March 31st, 2011 the company saw revenues grow to £1.9 million in a year which included the launch of the company’s innovative SCAR specialist trenching plough.
An increase in work prompted the creation of two student summer placements for 2011 while Maureen Petrie has been promoted to the role of personnel operations director to
cope with an upturn in demand for Ecosse Subsea Systems’ personnel division, which specialises in sourcing experts for the subsea oil and gas and offshore renewables industries.
The company is also a finalist in the Wood Group Award for Innovation category of the annual Grampian Awards for Business Enterprise.
Ecosse Subsea Systems has also been shortlisted for two prestigious Northern Star Business Awards and has reached the finals of the categories for Commitment to
Innovative Use of R&D and the new Energy Award.
Commenting on the success of the past year, Ecosse Subsea Systems’ founder and managing director Mike Wilson said: “Much of our focus during the past 12 months has been on getting SCAR to the marketplace and we are delighted at the global interest there has been in this piece of technology.
"We are currently tendering for work in many locations across the world including Hong
Kong, the Unite Arab Emirates and Saudi Arabia.
“Alongside that, we have continued to work with Ellon-based Aubin on the DeepBuoy and GLS lifting gels, and trials of the latter are about to begin in Orkney. We anticipate that
these will revolutionise the subsea lifting market and they also have very strong possibilities for use in the renewables sector.”
More articles from this category
- Divex secures contract for saturation diving system
Equipment & Technology - August 22, 2014
- Tidewater reports results for lastest quarter
Company News - August 21, 2014
- Chellsea takes delivery of newbuild PSV
Vessel & ROV News - August 20, 2014
- Sea Surfer joins Deep Sea Supply fleet
Vessel & ROV News - August 19, 2014
- Siem Giant enters service offshore Brazil
Vessel & ROV News - August 18, 2014
- OSBIT secures Well Ops LARS deal
Equipment & Technology - August 15, 2014
- Strategic Marine appoints Business Development Manager
Company News - August 14, 2014
- UTEC StarNet extends partnership with Sky Futures to North America
Company News - August 13, 2014
- EMGS sticks with Boa Galatea
Contracts, Tenders and Rates - August 12, 2014
- UK "has billions of barrels of oil" - but extracting it is more and more costly
News - August 11, 2014
- Fugro teams with WFS Technologies for wireless ROV integration
Vessel & ROV News - August 8, 2014
- DOF awarded contract offshore Brazil
Contracts, Tenders and Rates - August 8, 2014
- Sinopacific secures first contract in Mexican market
Yard News - August 8, 2014
- Summer publishing schedule
News - August 8, 2014
- SMD to supply Sistac with work-class ROV
Vessel & ROV News - August 7, 2014