IKM Subsea opens new business unit in Singapore
Company News - September 12, 2011
IKM Subsea's Merlin WR 200.
The Norwegian company IKM Subsea is following in the footsteps of IKM Testing and IKM Measurement Services and opening an office in Defu Industrial Estate, Singapore.
With offices in Singapore and Malaysia, IKM Subsea has further strengthened its established network of offices.
"IKM Subsea’s marketing strategy consists of utilizing our offices and offshore base in Singapore and Malaysia together with reputable agents in China and India to penetrate the Asian offshore market," said the company in a statement.
“We expect to cover all major oil and gas hubs in the region“, says Ben Pollard, Managing Director for IKM Subsea.
As part of the expansion program, IKM Subsea unveiled the Merlin WR200 electric Work class ROV in Singapore on 26 August 2011.
The event attracted more than 100 potential clients from various organizations worldwide and the system that is currently available in Singapore is configured for free-flying mode.
The company has also announced that the 3,000m rated TMS system is expected to arrive in Singapore sometime November 2011.
The Merlin WR200 was design and built by IKM Subsea in Norway and the plan is to continue its expansion in 2012 by bringing more systems to extend the Asian ROV fleet.
“The new office in Singapore is co-located together with other IKM divisions in Defu Industrial Estate and we are confident that the system would be well received in this region with the high end technology and experienced personnel that comes with it,” said Mr Pollard.
The Singapore office is run by Mahesh Govindan, who has a background with Hallin Marine, Fugro and Thales Geosolutions.
More articles from this category
- Divex secures contract for saturation diving system
Equipment & Technology - August 22, 2014
- Tidewater reports results for lastest quarter
Company News - August 21, 2014
- Chellsea takes delivery of newbuild PSV
Vessel & ROV News - August 20, 2014
- Sea Surfer joins Deep Sea Supply fleet
Vessel & ROV News - August 19, 2014
- Siem Giant enters service offshore Brazil
Vessel & ROV News - August 18, 2014
- OSBIT secures Well Ops LARS deal
Equipment & Technology - August 15, 2014
- Strategic Marine appoints Business Development Manager
Company News - August 14, 2014
- UTEC StarNet extends partnership with Sky Futures to North America
Company News - August 13, 2014
- EMGS sticks with Boa Galatea
Contracts, Tenders and Rates - August 12, 2014
- UK "has billions of barrels of oil" - but extracting it is more and more costly
News - August 11, 2014
- Fugro teams with WFS Technologies for wireless ROV integration
Vessel & ROV News - August 8, 2014
- DOF awarded contract offshore Brazil
Contracts, Tenders and Rates - August 8, 2014
- Sinopacific secures first contract in Mexican market
Yard News - August 8, 2014
- Summer publishing schedule
News - August 8, 2014
- SMD to supply Sistac with work-class ROV
Vessel & ROV News - August 7, 2014