Gulfmark Offshore announces second quarter 2011 operating results
Company News - July 25, 2011
GulfMark Offshore has reported net income of US$13.3 million, or US$0.51 per diluted share, on revenues of $96.9 million for the quarter ended June 30, 2011.
Bruce Streeter, President and CEO, commented, "Overall this has been an outstanding quarter and we are proud of what our employees accomplished. Although all of us would like to see more activity in the Gulf of Mexico, as we indicated on last quarter's earnings conference call, we continue to see encouraging short- and long-term trends in all of our regions.
"Despite limited offshore drilling permits in the US Gulf of Mexico, utilization in the Americas is up as we begin to see the benefit of repositioning a significant portion of our US flagged vessels to Trinidad and Brazil.
"In our other regions of the world, we have concentrated on building our term contract position and have taken advantage of strengthening markets.
"Direct operating expense has been higher during the first half of 2011, in part because we repositioned vessels to achieve better overall operating profitability, but as a result we incurred higher than estimated operating costs in locations such as Brazil.
"On a consolidated basis, profitability increased meaningfully during the quarter and the Company's long-term outlook continues to improve. New jack-ups, semi-submersibles and drillship orders, combined with strong crude oil prices, support our optimistic view that customers will increasingly demand technologically advanced offshore support vessels in the future."
More articles from this category
- Divex secures contract for saturation diving system
Equipment & Technology - August 22, 2014
- Tidewater reports results for lastest quarter
Company News - August 21, 2014
- Chellsea takes delivery of newbuild PSV
Vessel & ROV News - August 20, 2014
- Sea Surfer joins Deep Sea Supply fleet
Vessel & ROV News - August 19, 2014
- Siem Giant enters service offshore Brazil
Vessel & ROV News - August 18, 2014
- OSBIT secures Well Ops LARS deal
Equipment & Technology - August 15, 2014
- Strategic Marine appoints Business Development Manager
Company News - August 14, 2014
- UTEC StarNet extends partnership with Sky Futures to North America
Company News - August 13, 2014
- EMGS sticks with Boa Galatea
Contracts, Tenders and Rates - August 12, 2014
- UK "has billions of barrels of oil" - but extracting it is more and more costly
News - August 11, 2014
- Fugro teams with WFS Technologies for wireless ROV integration
Vessel & ROV News - August 8, 2014
- DOF awarded contract offshore Brazil
Contracts, Tenders and Rates - August 8, 2014
- Sinopacific secures first contract in Mexican market
Yard News - August 8, 2014
- Summer publishing schedule
News - August 8, 2014
- SMD to supply Sistac with work-class ROV
Vessel & ROV News - August 7, 2014