Indonesian cabotage law updatedNews // July 11, 2011
Fearnley Offshore Supply reports that in Ministerial Decree of Transportation, PM 48/2011 (18 April 2011), following the exemption of certain classes of vessels engaged in the oil and gas sector that do not carry passengers and cargo, the Indonesian government has set deadlines for these various sub-categories of vessels to be compliant with the Indonesian flag under the Shipping Law UU No.17/2008.
The deadlines are as follows:
- Diving Support Vessels / certain offshore support vessel – December 2012
- Offshore Construction – December 2013
- Dredging activities – December 2013
- Seismic activities – December 2014
- Drilling Rigs – December 2015.