IMCA establishes industry hyperbaric evacuation systems workgroup
Organisations and Associations - June 29, 2011
Safe and efficient hyperbaric evacuation is a key global concern in the offshore diving industry, with the issue being raised at the OGP Diving Industry Working Group (DIWG) in September 2010 and the International Marine Contractors Association’s (IMCA) workshop session on the topic at its annual seminar in November that year.
The Industry Hyperbaric Evacuation Systems Workgroup has now been established, chaired by Pete Somner of Technip, to examine and develop a working model for hyperbaric evacuation systems (HES) on a global basis, with information being provided to IMCA Diving Division members, OGP DOSC and the ADCI.
IMCA is providing the secretariat for the Workgroup, which has established five subgroups – assessment, chaired by Keith Noble of Global Industries; technical, chaired by Bill Crowley of CalDive; operational chaired by Jerry Starling of ISS; medical chaired by Steve Sheppard of Helix ESG; and standards chaired by Chris Dunkley of NHC. Key deliverables have been identified as guidance document(s), communication matrix for stakeholder engagement through the workgroup life; and proposals on how HES can be implemented across the globe to an acceptable standard.
The workgroup chairmen will present the work to date at the DIWG meeting on 22 September in Kuala Lumpur.
Further information is available from Jane Bugler – email@example.com.
More articles from this category
- Divex secures contract for saturation diving system
Equipment & Technology - August 22, 2014
- Tidewater reports results for lastest quarter
Company News - August 21, 2014
- Chellsea takes delivery of newbuild PSV
Vessel & ROV News - August 20, 2014
- Sea Surfer joins Deep Sea Supply fleet
Vessel & ROV News - August 19, 2014
- Siem Giant enters service offshore Brazil
Vessel & ROV News - August 18, 2014
- OSBIT secures Well Ops LARS deal
Equipment & Technology - August 15, 2014
- Strategic Marine appoints Business Development Manager
Company News - August 14, 2014
- UTEC StarNet extends partnership with Sky Futures to North America
Company News - August 13, 2014
- EMGS sticks with Boa Galatea
Contracts, Tenders and Rates - August 12, 2014
- UK "has billions of barrels of oil" - but extracting it is more and more costly
News - August 11, 2014
- Fugro teams with WFS Technologies for wireless ROV integration
Vessel & ROV News - August 8, 2014
- DOF awarded contract offshore Brazil
Contracts, Tenders and Rates - August 8, 2014
- Sinopacific secures first contract in Mexican market
Yard News - August 8, 2014
- Summer publishing schedule
News - August 8, 2014
- SMD to supply Sistac with work-class ROV
Vessel & ROV News - August 7, 2014